What's new

Anyone planning on trying Windows 10 Preview tomorrow?

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
I think ill wait. No I'm definitely waiting. y'all let us know how it goes. I wont believe anyone that says it works perfectly. :)

wynand32

I'll be glad to be a guinea pig if anyone can answer my question about the recovery utility: will it restore to the original factory state if you've partitioned the drive for dual boot? As long as it will, Win 8.1 makes it fairly easy to restore a machine from backup, so...

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
I'll be glad to be a guinea pig if anyone can answer my question about the recovery utility: will it restore to the original factory state if you've partitioned the drive for dual boot? As long as it will, Win 8.1 makes it fairly easy to restore a machine from backup, so...
We won't know till tomorrow....

Seneleron

Win 8 key resides in the BIOS, so worst case scenario you'd have to download a windows 8.1 .iso and do a full format reinstall.

What do you mean you don't have an external DVD drive?? They're like $20 >.>

Just snagged a 512 Gig SSD from newegg for $190, so I have 2 spare 240 gig SSDs. If I like what I see of the preview, the next step is the Surface.

wertzius

The recovery partition will be untouched. If something happens is the recovery image will be always available at the Surface support website.

I will try the new version as dual boot option tomorrow.

strollin

As I did with Win 7 & Win 8 Previews, the Win 10 Preview will be installed in a VM. I'd never install a preview (Beta) on a machine I need/use on a daily basis.