What's new

Anyone planning on trying Windows 10 Preview tomorrow?

mohcho

My SP3 is a daily driver, so no, but the feature set looks perfect for a hybrid device like the Surface line.

I like what they're doing with Windows and makes OSX look rather stale now.

wynand32

Okay, so, after a little research, it appears that it's possible to restore back to the original factory state (e.g., the original single partition). Seems as if there's a step if you go that route to repartition, which I'm assuming will do what I want.

So, I'm going to install the preview on the SP3 tomorrow. I did read that Continuum, or the auto-switch from "desktop" to "tablet" modes, won't be in the preview yet, and so I'm not sure how things will be on the SP3--but, there's only one way to find out. :)

Also, thinking about it, deleting the preview partition and resizing the original partition back to the default shouldn't be too much of a problem even without restoring.

dleuen

No way for me. I need my SP3 too much for real work. Can't afford downtime and broken software. Would love to try it on my SP1 though.

Chuck_IV

I have a 2nd ssd in my desktop with windows 8.1 on it now(I run windows 7 on the primary ssd). I may replace windows 8.1 with windows 9... err... 10 just to see what is new.

Maximus3D

No not a chance i will install a beta release of Windows 10. It looks like several other members here will do it. I just sit back and see how it's working out for them during the coming months. It's easier. :)

/ Magnus

VickiFL

No not a chance i will install a beta release of Windows 10. It looks like several other members here will do it. I just sit back and see how it's working out for them during the coming months. It's easier. :)

/ Magnus

That's exactly what I was thinking. I just came from using Windows 7 on my old laptop, to this new SP3 with Windows 8.1. I'm still getting used to everything. I don't need anymore headaches or difficulties, so I'll stick with what I'm using right now.

mcsenerd

Well... It's live now and I'm downloading the preview right now. Says that it replaces the recovery partition on the machine...so no going back on whatever you install it on (without jumping through hoops at least).

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
Well... It's live now and I'm downloading the preview right now. Says that it replaces the recovery partition on the machine...so no going back on whatever you install it on (without jumping through hoops at least).
Make that Recovery Drive first.

malberttoo

I mostly would like to see how it does on the SP3, but like others have said, my SP3 is one of my daily drivers now. So I'll have to just get the report from you guys that are testing it...