What's new

Anyone planning on trying Windows 10 Preview tomorrow?

daniielrp

Well I got it downloaded on my home machine in about 10 mins, but have to wait till I get home to test. Will likely put it on my desktop, then if it is stable enough may risk the SP3 :D

Last edited:

mohcho

Brave souls who are willing to risk the beta testing waters.

A spare desktop/laptop sounds the safest bet if it replaces the recovery partition on the machine.

snd_fx

Going on my SP3 tomorrow.

So, I'm going to install the preview on the SP3 tomorrow. I did read that Continuum, or the auto-switch from "desktop" to "tablet" modes, won't be in the preview yet, and so I'm not sure how things will be on the SP3--but, there's only one way to find out. :)

I look forward to hearing how it goes for you. I'm tempted to do the same after trying my desktop later.

GTiceman

Just installed the Enterprise version on my old X200 convertible tablet. That thing is so old and slow.
Wanted to test before throwing on the SP3, touch works fine for me, apps loaded. I really want to know what the difference is between the regular preview and the Enterprise one. None of the sites detail the feature sets too well.

raqball

I might try it out but how hard would it be to go back to 8.1? Is it as simple as just using recovery in the Metro settings?

Edit: Just read the past posts in this thread so I think I will skip it.

GTiceman

I might try it out but how hard would it be to go back to 8.1? Is it as simple as just using recovery in the Metro settings?

Edit: Just read the past posts in this thread so I think I will skip it.

I thin there are a few steps involved, but I didn't try it yet. I have weekly backups of my systems so I shouldn't really lose anything even if i had to install the recovery disk first then install one of my images over top

Moonsurface

Super Moderator
Staff member
Um nooo.. I don't think I qualify as a PC expert or IT professional so I'll leave it to the big boys...

have fun chaps..

Oh and what happened to 9?