Anyone purchase the HDMI Wireless

Discussion in 'Microsoft Surface Book' started by Orlbuckeye, Nov 17, 2015.

1. Orlbuckeye

Orlbuckeye Member

My Device:
    Surface Book
    cable sold at Best Buy? The device plugs into the TV HDMI port and a USB port. The salesman encouraged me to purcahse the good thing is it is 29.00 (30.00 off). I'm going to buy 1 and test and if works great I will but for Xmas presents. They are 39.29 at Amazon, 59.99 at MS, 55 at Walmart.

2. hughlle

hughlle Super Moderator Staff Member

If this is miracast then cheap is not always cheerful. Be warned. Even the best devices out there can be problematic at times.

It's also worth double checki g your tv if it is "modern". I bought an old Sony job that is pre smart-tv, yet after buying the Microsoft wireless adaptor, discovered that my tv had built in miracast. Silly me.

3. Orlbuckeye

Orlbuckeye Member

My Device:
    Surface Book
    No it's the microsoft device. It's the same device 30.oo cheaper than MS. It uses Miracast technology which means your not limited to special content (Hulu or Netflix for example). It can display everything from your device to the TV or Monitor.

Microsoft Wireless Display Adapter | Microsoft Accessories

Last edited: Nov 17, 2015
  4. cmatvchuk

cmatvchuk New Member

My Device:
    Surface Book
    I have purchased 5 of them. 1 I keep in my bag, the others I put in our 3 conference rooms and 1 training room. It works great. I just walk around with my Surface Book or just the tablet portion and connect right up to them by hitting notifications > connect. The Microsoft ones work flawlessly. I purchased them from best buy.

Steeli likes this.
  5. Orlbuckeye

Orlbuckeye Member

My Device:
    Surface Book
    Thanks I was going to buy 1 and test then buy 3 more for nephews in college,

6. Orlbuckeye

Orlbuckeye Member

My Device:
    Surface Book
    I tried it on my Alienware 18 and my older Acer AS8950G and when I tired to connect it couldn't find the adapter.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2015
  7. Aegeas

Aegeas Active Member

I have heard tell of 1080P content making these wireless gadgets drop frames because of the amount of bandwidth required to show them. Any issues with slow video or blocky or dropped frames?

8. flar

flar Member

My Device:
    Surface Book
    I picked one up the other day, but the display freaks out when using it. I'll get a full-size desktop on the second screen, but the content in the windows will only occupy a portion of the upper left of the wireless screen. Even more distressing, if I play a video on the wireless screen then I can see it jumping back and forth between full-size and partial size. It's as if it is confusing the real estate of the second screen with the real estate of my primary (SB) screen and flipping layouts back and forth between the two.

Has anyone seen anything like that on their adapter? Should I exchange it?

9. Orlbuckeye

Orlbuckeye Member

My Device:
    Surface Book
    I have to reconnect every time I try to use it do I purcahse the display port to HDMI cable.