What's new

Anyone that has a Surface Pro PLEASE help me!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jason51873

I need the wifi drivers for the wifi card. Can you please look on your Surface Pro and tell me the model number of the wifi card. Or even better yet send me the drivers?

jbrewer99

its a marvell avastar 350n adapter. That's what it shows in device manager on mine. What happened to yours? Have you tried a restore since you just got it today, it shouldn't be that big a deal.

Good luck though.

OP
J

jason51873

Dude you rock!

No I formatted my Surface Pro as soon as I got home today. Of coarse (like a jack ass) I was thinking that MS would have all the drivers included in windows 8 but looks like the only thing missing was of coarse the wifi drivers. There is no record of what card is in there online anywhere that's why I just need someone with a working driver to tell me what it was. Based on your info I was able to locate and install the driver and now I have internet on my Surface again!!!

Thank you again so much for your help!

J515OP

Super Moderator
For future reference even if you formatted the restore should work. It is on a different partition. Even then you can put it on a USB stick just to be sure you have it in case you decide to format that partition too.

OP
J

jason51873

Yea, I did a format and clean install of Win 8. Like a dummy I didnt bother to back up any of the drivers. I figured Win 8 would have them all. Well it had all of them but the wifi driver of coarse lol. But once I got that I was able to do a windows update and everything is back up and running 100%!

OP
J

jason51873

For future reference even if you formatted the restore should work. It is on a different partition. Even then you can put it on a USB stick just to be sure you have it in case you decide to format that partition too.

Yea, I didnt wanna use the restore from the original because I wanted a totally clean instal. Now that I have that I can you the restore partition going forward.

Bonj87

WHERE did you get the drivers? ?? i cant find them anywhere!!! can you send them to me? OMG PLEASE?

ProOrNo

Ummm, hate to state the obvious, BUT, had you gone to the "Windows Update" section within Control Panel (not the useless PC Settings section) then used "Check for Updates" and selected just the wifi drivers to install, you would have been set in 1/10th the time. :)

You should let it install all the important ones, but that can take a few hours, so selecting what you need gets you started until you can leave it running to update everything.

You do have "Check for updates but don't download them" set?? :D

Status
Not open for further replies.