What's new

Anyone tried using Firefox Nightly?

Kris

Just wondering if anyone had tried Firefox Nifhtly? with Youtube Center you can force flash and not lose out on 1o8o videos. I even got it to play a couple 4k videos with now issue too. Hoping its not a battery killer like Chrome is.

leeshor

It's still somewhat of a memory hog but not as hard on the battery. Lots of great new features coming to Firefox for both the desktop and for Android.

DeltaXray

Nope, I was keen on Android but they killed off the metro version earlier this year :/ If they pick that back up i'll be a user again.

ctitanic

Just wondering if anyone had tried Firefox Nifhtly? with Youtube Center you can force flash and not lose out on 1o8o videos. I even got it to play a couple 4k videos with now issue too. Hoping its not a battery killer like Chrome is.
With MUI IE I don't have any issues with 1080P on youtube.

OP
K

Kris

I know you are a lover of MUI IE.... I am not... I have no issue with Youtube with regular Chrome or Firefox, just wanted to try out the developer issue of Firefox but thanks for your constant pushing of MUI IE.

Firefox Nightly is forced to use html5 on Youtube and that only allows it to use 360 or 720p. But the newest version of Youtube Center allows you to force it back to Flash, one of the MANY extensions/apps that DOES NOT work with MUI IE... I am very happy it works for your needs though.

ctitanic

I think that you have been miss informed. Youtube HTML 5 supports all the resolutions including 4k.

Screenshot (84).png

Screenshot (86).png

ctitanic

A long time ago there was a setting at youtube that allowed you to fully switch to HTML5 when it was experimental, since them I'm using HTML5 and at least since long time ago I have been playing video in all resolutions, including, like I said, 4K now that I have the SP3 which supports this resolution.

malberttoo

A long time ago there was a setting at youtube that allowed you to fully switch to HTML5 when it was experimental, since them I'm using HTML5 and at least since long time ago I have been playing video in all resolutions, including, like I said, 4K now that I have the SP3 which supports this resolution.

Does this happen automatically in Metro IE? Or do you have to specify somewhere that you want to use HTML 5?

OP
K

Kris

Download Firefox Nightly and you will see what I am talking about... Youtube only allows it to see 360 or 720p while using html5, sorry if I made it sound like it was html5s fault. It is Youtube that is creating the limitations. There is complaints all over the internet about it right now, I believe anything above Firefox 33 has this issue.

dniezby

I tried the newest version of Firefox and I think it's garbage. When they decided to drop development for the MUI version it became even worse.

I used to use it as my only browser but now I stay with MUI IE. It's fast, secure and doesn't seem to have any problems rendering HD.

I use my SP3 Exclusively now. No more iShit and no more desktop or even my lap top. On my Desktop, Firefox was wonderful. On my laptop it was OK...on my Surface it was GARBAGE. Horrible to work with and see.

In 3 weeks of using MUI IE, I haven't found a site that it doesn't work with. That includes... um.. educational sites. LOL. Purely for testing purposes only.

What really pissed me off about Firefox is their reason behind cessation of development of a MUI version (which was AWESOME BTW), "It has not been download or used enough"

WTF? Most people didn't even know it was available. Most of the time, you couldn't get it to work. Maybe they should have told people how and where to use it.

Firefox lost me for good unless they develop a MUI version. Hell, most programs have lost me. I ABSOLUTELY HATE working with programs in the desktop mode now. Just hate it. If it's not an app, I won't use it. Except MS Office. That's just because I can make it act and work like an App.