What's new

Anyone tried using Firefox Nightly?

ctitanic

Download Firefox Nightly and you will see what I am talking about... Youtube only allows it to see 360 or 720p while using html5, sorry if I made it sound like it was html5s fault. It is Youtube that is creating the limitations. There is complaints all over the internet about it right now, I believe anything above Firefox 33 has this issue.
That's probably a configuration or restriction set by Firefox but nothing to do with Youtube and HTML5.

OP
K

Kris

there are other work a rounds using about:config with Firefox but makes browsing unstable, that is why it supporting extensions/apps is a very nice feature... Sorry to upset all of you that have become fan boys of the MUI experience. I am not one of them... Maybe Windows 9 will fix this for me, until then I will continue to use desktop versions and keep my ability to modify them with extensions and apps like I am accustom to.

ctitanic

there are other work a rounds using about:config with Firefox but makes browsing unstable, that is why it supporting extensions/apps is a very nice feature... Sorry to upset all of you that have become fan boys of the MUI experience. I am not one of them... Maybe Windows 9 will fix this for me, until then I will continue to use desktop versions and keep my ability to modify them with extensions and apps like I am accustom to.
You are not upsetting me at all. You just made it sound like HTML5 was not supporting highest resolutions at youtube and that's not the case. On the contrary, highest resolutions will play better using HTML5.

kundas1

well hold on, WHY are you not a fan of MUI IE? I think it works perfectly well as the other ones and since the last update it back pages very quick now... so why the hate?

OP
K

Kris

well hold on, WHY are you not a fan of MUI IE? I think it works perfectly well as the other ones and since the last update it back pages very quick now... so why the hate?

I ask a simple question about Firefox Nightly (dev version) and it insights a holy war with the knights of MUI IE... I have explained time and time again I don't like it because it does not work with all of the extensions and apps I add to my browsers, aka I can't personalize it to my preferences. I am done arguing with it's fan boys. You can love it all you want, I can't stand it... leave it at that.

kundas1

dude I'm just asking a legitimate question and YOUR the one getting your panties in a bunch... and just an FYI, all those extensions and apps you like so much, only add to the slowness and problems and eating memory of Firefox! just an FYI...

dniezby

dude I'm just asking a legitimate question and YOUR the one getting your panties in a bunch... and just an FYI, all those extensions and apps you like so much, only add to the slowness and problems and eating memory of Firefox! just an FYI...

He's right Kris. You did seem to get bent out of shape. I think he posed a legit question as to why you are so against MUI IE...I DO understand your answer though.

I used to have A LOT of "add ons" in my Desktop Firefox. Most, I thought I couldn't live without. Though, IMO, in Windows 8+ and on a touch screen device, I found myself using them less and less.

One, because the extensions I used to need quick access to, I now have on my Start Screen. Two, because on ANY touch device, Firefox literally blows. - Again. It was getting better.

It took me some time to get used to the MUI IE but once I got used to it, I don't think - no, I know, I can't go back to Firefox Desktop. But that's just my opinion and same with the other's. Just giving opinions. Everyone's will be different and Everyone's entitled to theirs.

OP
K

Kris

I asked about Firefox Nightly and everyone answers with "omg why aren't you using MUI IE?" I got one answer to my question, thank you Leeshor, the rest was people telling me how wrong I was for not using MUI IE. Of course I'm getting irritated. I have no memory issues or touch issues when using Firefox, everything works perfectly smooth, I get about 6 1/2 hours of use before I have to recharge so no big issue there. I just wanted to try out some of the upcoming features, in Firefox, but didn't know if it would effect my battery life too much so I thought I would ask. I did not mean to insight a browser war, nor did I want people pushing me to switch browsers... I learned my lesson and won't be asking questions like this again.

malberttoo

I don't like it because it does not work with all of the extensions and apps I add to my browsers, aka I can't personalize it to my preferences.

I tend to agree with you on this. I do have to fire up Desktop IE now and again, depending on what I'm doing, because certain extensions DO add features and functionality to the browsing experience.

And I don't think Modern IE can stay the way that it is, forever. Much like the way that Microsoft inflicted us with Windows 8- completely new GUI, new way of doing things, no Start menu- that seems to be the same case, at least to me, with M IE. And don't get me wrong I like M IE, and use it about 80% of the time on my SP3. But Microsoft took us from an environment, on their own very good browser mind you, that allowed extensions and add-ons that added much to the surfing experience. They took us from that in Win 7, and stripped it all away completely in M IE. Jarring, cold-turkey, and poorly rolled out or explained just like Win 8.

I don't see them gaining much ground or traction with Modern IE until they do allow some outside/ 3rd party functionality to be added by the user.

I learned my lesson and won't be asking questions like this again.

Dude you better NOT stop asking questions! :cool: Forums like this exist for good, healthy debate.

Sometimes opinions get expressed with the gentleness of a rabid dog... :D... but at the end of the day it's just an opinion. You're welcome to yours, and they're welcome to theirs...