What's new

anyone using bluetooth keyboard adapter w/SP3?

mtalinm

i was about to buy a bluetooth keyboard adapter so that I can put the SP3 in portrait mode while editing documents, but the customer service rep on store.microsoft.com said it's a no-go.

anyone gotten it to work? assume not but thought I'd ask...

ctitanic

I have not heard anyone reporting anything about this one. I wouldn't buy it but I don't use the keyboard at all.

Bandito

Just so that you are aware, this adapter has been discontinued by Microsoft. I haven't read of any serious problems with the adapter, but apparently it didn't sell well enough to keep it in production.

Liam2349

I've heard that gestures don't work if you use this adapter. I'd stay away from it.

I think it was discontinued because it's not very practical to use.

bluegrass

I have one but haven't tried it with my SP3. I guess it would be a little uncomfortable to type with the Surface in the portrait mode. I would get yourself a USB keyboard wireless or wired if you are wanting to type with the Surface in the portrait mode.

Shifted

I'd get one if I was in that situation and needed a keyboard. They are very small so really easy to store in the bag rather than having a second keyboard as long as you'd be comfortable using the keyboard flat on a desk. In the questions and answers on the Amazon site there is a person who specifically states they have it and use it with the SP3.