What's new

Anyone waiting for the Manvex Surface Pro Cover

Talldog

I just checked Amazon and they show it coming in stock on 5/22 and available for pre-order. I pre-ordered one for my wife, because they went fast the last time.

OP
Talldog

Talldog

mitchellvii

Yeah its pretty much the best SP cover you can buy. Gotta be quick. I have one will let it go for $200 ;-)

ltcbob11

All,

I bought this cover and received it last month. Please, please do NOT buy this cover! I need some to be available for purchase as backup to my current one.

Seriously, it is a great cover.

lkailburn

I like the look, but how does it feel when you're typing. From the first pic on amazon it looks like the case sort of half sits under the keyboard. does that make the keyboard bounce around as you type on it?

vinumsv

I like the look, but how does it feel when you're typing. From the first pic on amazon it looks like the case sort of half sits under the keyboard. does that make the keyboard bounce around as you type on it?

Yes its does its one of the cons :(

970267_10151691359089574_1760467171_n.jpg

swanlee

Wondering what the point of this is? Seems to just add some bulk to the SP. I'm going with ghost armor for protection as opposed to a bulky cover. That's what i like about the Surface it is fully functional without the need for a bulk keyboard\cover

mitchellvii

Wondering what the point of this is? Seems to just add some bulk to the SP. I'm going with ghost armor for protection as opposed to a bulky cover. That's what i like about the Surface it is fully functional without the need for a bulk keyboard\cover

The purpose of it is:

1) Good luck with the Ghost Armor first time your drop your SP.
2) Unless you are under 5'10" you will enjoy the additional kickstand angles it provides.
3) It has a pen holder that actually works.

As far as "bounciness", it depends on how shallow of an angle you like to have your SP. If you want to have it super shallow, yeah it will bounce a little. If you want it at a more normal angle the bounce is minimal. You can do like I did and place an adhesive felt pad on the back of your keyboard and it doesn't bounce at all no matter what. These pads can be bought at Lowes for $4 for a two pack. They hold nicely but come off easily and leave no damage. Of course if you are looking to go naked this wouldn't be the optimal solution, but if you are casing it, doesn't matter and it works very well. (This also serves to protect the back of your keyboard from whatever funk might be on the table you are typing on.)

picture001.jpg
picture003.jpg

Bottom line everyone likes something different. If you are like me and don't want to play drop roulette with your $1000 device and you want extra viewing angles, it's the best case you can get.

Last edited:

swanlee

That's cool was just curious, for me i paid for the MS warranty and have opted for ghost armour on the sides and back and a case to carry it when transporting it from place to place, but when used I have been fine with the kick stand and type cover by itself.

mitchellvii

HERE'S ANOTHER TIP:

The case closes with a thin piece of velcro. If you want a tighter fit so your SP doesn't sag inside the case at all, just take a couple pieces of double-sided tape and put them to either side of the velcro. It adds just that little bit extra grip you need.

Are some of these solutions a little ghetto? Sure but that's half the fun. Ghetto is fine so long as it doesn't look ghetto :).

mitchellvii

That's cool was just curious, for me i paid for the MS warranty and have opted for ghost armour on the sides and back and a case to carry it when transporting it from place to place, but when used I have been fine with the kick stand and type cover by itself.

Sure, my #1 driver in getting a case is that at 6'5", the kickstand angle is impossible for me. It's like sitting in the front row of the movie theater only in reverse.