Apple Patent on Touch Typing, Multitouch Upheld; Allows Ban on Most Androids

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by oion, Oct 22, 2013.

1. oion

oion Well-Known Member

My Device:
    S2
    DailyTech - Apple Patent on Touch Typing, Multitouch Upheld; Allows Ban on Most Androids

Say what?

Translation---Android is whooping Apple's ass in the smartphone sector by free market principles so Apple somehow gets a patent win (a "surprise win" according to this) and Android manufacturers are banned from using... capacitive multitouch screens. Ouch.

But it gets better.

Huh.

2. kristalsoldier

kristalsoldier Well-Known Member

My Device:
    SPro4
    Sheesh! I just don't Apple's strategy. They seem to be singularly dedicated to self-destruct. It also shows that Apple does not have any product development depth, which was rather obvious in light of their recent iPhone 5 release and their impending iPad 5 release.

3. The White Falcon

The White Falcon New Member

My Device:
    Other
    Well, they did invent the stuff.... or at least, they bought Fingerworks, who had all the patents. I imagine if you invented something and then people started ripping you off you'd be pretty upset.

HTC would be exempted from any ban, as they already have a licensing agreement with Apple for the same patents.

One other thing is that while Android has marketshare, it's not a moneymaker. Google is still losing billions due to Motorola, and the only Android OEM really making any money is Samsung. Everyone else is losing cash or making a pittance. Apple, on the other hand, is making money hand over fist due to excellent profit margins.

4. beman39

beman39 New Member

Apple is so sad, seriously they're always trying to sue somebody over patents they didn't invent but stole from other inventors/patents like Samsung, Microsoft and so many others I can't/won't get into... and all the biography's of steve jobs and about apple they admit it openly! just look for some interesting quotes from steve and the thieves... lol

5. Frobon

Frobon New Member

I think it's been quite clear for a while that the US patent system is non- functional. It works about as well as a North Korean smart phone.

At some point they're going to have to fix it or the rest of the world is going to have to cut it loose like a diseased limb.

6. Arizona Willie

Arizona Willie Active Member

I won't have an Apple product in my house.