What's new

April 9th SP Firmware Upgrade

Patcar13

Thanks. I will do as you suggested. I have narrowed it down to a conflict between the intel display driver and the displayLink driver. if you bring up the USB display first then the HDMI second it works. any other order it starts the blank screen thing. perhaps re-installing the displayLink driver will fix this.

Also in talking with Surface support... all updates will be reversed if you use back-up to an old restore point.

Nuspieds

No changes to my trackpad settings, either; it remains disabled.
Though the above statement is true, I didn't quite read the original post properly, which was:
For me it didn't remove the intel 4000 driver but HAS broken the trackpad setting metro app!

Anyone else?
It is true the app is, indeed, broken (it says that no Trackpad has been attached). True, the settings remain intact, but the app no longer works so that the settings can be adjusted. Thus, mine is still disabled and if I wanted to re-enable it, I can't right now.

I went online to Surface Support and, of course, the Answer Tech wanted me to do a restore! So I said, "Are you using a Surface Pro with the latest firmware? Is your trackpad app working?" Then she replied, "I found the same problem and that it is a known issue that has already been escalated."

machistmo

Mine said - Please wait while we install a system update - and then did nothing. I had to POWER OFF and remove the SD Card to get the system to boot again.

Now this is what I see in DM:

2013-04-13 16_31_00-Device Manager.png

Rolled back to 17232 and then updated again. It now wants me to reboot, which I know will result in a hung surface again. Frikking MS.

Last edited:

cafutter

I don't know if this applies to this update. I updated last night and now my tackpad doesn't work. I have the trackpad APP from The Store. I use it to turn off the trackpad when I am in Word because it is too sensitive and I find the cursor jumps around (very annoying). I don't remember if I had turned the trackpad back on before I did the update. Now, when I go to the trackpad app, I get a message telling me no trackpad attached that I should do an update (which I have done) and that I should go to devices and printers in settings an refresh 3 times. I have done that and it doesn't work. Any thoughts?
Thanks

I apologize that I missed the above post which mentioned the disabled trackpad. I am relieved to see mine is not the only app with the trackpad disabled. Looking forward to a quick solution.

Last edited: