What's new

Solved Arc Mouse on Surface Pro 3

leshay

Hi
I have only had it for a couple of days, but it is about to be returned. I just cannot see that the scroll method is actually usable. It constantly loses the scroll ferature and I need to 'close' and 'reopen' it to get any response at all, and then it is *very* hit or miss and usually scrolls in the opposite direction to what I want.
Maybe some will find it usable, but not for me.
I have ordered another bluetooth mouse from Amazon (as it happens, also a Microsoft one), but with a real scroll wheel.

Maximus3D

I'm also having issues with this mouse, for some weird reason it keeps closing and opening tabs in Google Chrome on it's own. It's like it's haunted or something.. or it reacts to certain motion and performs a command completly unknown to me.

/ Magnus

bluegrass

I'm also having issues with this mouse, for some weird reason it keeps closing and opening tabs in Google Chrome on it's own. It's like it's haunted or something.. or it reacts to certain motion and performs a command completly unknown to me.

/ Magnus
Hopefully you tried another mouse to make sure it was the mouse causing the problem.

Maximus3D

Yeap, i tried my normal Logitech Performance MX mouse and it works just fine with the Surface Pro 3. But as soon as i hook up the Arc mouse it's like playing with a haunted mouse from hell.

/ Magnus

OP
L

leshay

Yeap, i tried my normal Logitech Performance MX mouse and it works just fine with the Surface Pro 3. But as soon as i hook up the Arc mouse it's like playing with a haunted mouse from hell.

/ Magnus

In my case, I only have USB mice at the moment, so wouldn't really be a good comparison at all. Since my initial post, I have had (several times), where the mouse scroll just plain stopped working at all instead of the intermittent responses that prompted my OP. When these events happen, I can only get it back to noirmal by 'closing and re-opening' it. A bit of a pain when in the middle of something. Anyway I have a return code and UPS return label - now, if I could only get my wireless printer to work I will be in good shap. I hope the new Bluetooth mouse I have on order works OK.

kundas1

^^^ I'm also having the exact same problem, this mouse would be awesome if the scroll would just keep working... I am convinced this is a wide spread problem as others are having the same problem also... it is very frustrating... as for your wireless printer, it should work as I have one too and it is working flawless.

zhenya

I have it and have no issues with the scrolling. Given that it's touch sensitive, I suspect that how well it performs is somewhat dependent on each individual person - much the way that touch pads and fingerprint sensors are as well.

OP
L

leshay

I have it and have no issues with the scrolling. Given that it's touch sensitive, I suspect that how well it performs is somewhat dependent on each individual person - much the way that touch pads and fingerprint sensors are as well.

OP
L

leshay

Hi
Yes, I suppose each user would have a different experience with the Arc Mouse and/or touch pad, but I don't have any problem with the touch screen or touch pad myself. The issues with the scroll is not only the reponse to my use of it, but also the fact that it stops working altogether (scroll only), with the buttons and cursor control OK.

I will say that I find the angle of the scroll touch pads to be most awkward to use as well - maybe my hands were not designed by the same folks that designed the Arc Mouse :)

kundas1

well that each individual person having trouble with the scroll amounts to more than 1 or 2 or even 3, so to me it can't be the "individual" persons that are the problem, as you subtly hint to... It has to do with there is a lot of problems with the MOUSE itself and you just happen to be the "individual" that is lucky to not be having trouble with yours. Not only am I having trouble with the BLUETOOTH edition, but my friend is having trouble with his too and his is not the BT version but rather the one with the adapter version and he doesn't use it because the scroll keeps crapping out also... so do you still think it has to do with the "individual" ? ;)

zhenya

All I mean is that it has become clear over the years that differing skin types have different luck with these kind of touch-sensitive devices. Some people have constant trouble with fingerprint sensors of all types. For others they work virtually first time every time. Some people think the type cover touchpad is awful - for me it works perfectly. The scroll wheel of the arc mouse uses a similar system - so given that I never have trouble with touchpads or fingerprint sensors - when many of my users and friends do - using the same hardware - there has to be a difference in our skin types that contributes to how successful they are. If you too have trouble with fingerprint sensors or trackpads like that on the touch cover, the arc mouse might not be the best choice for you.