What's new

Are there any decent time tiles?

I know you can swipe from the right side to show the day/time but is there a way to make it show time in the default windows home screen? I think we would have to download some kind of a clock tile, if I'm not mistaken, but the couple that I've downloaded aren't my style (looks cheap). Why Microsoft didn't incorporate one is beyond me...

Any recommendations? I already tried CLOCK' but I don't like it.

nipponham

I'm not sure what your standard of what looks "cheap" or not but I use the Asparion Clock app. It's highly customizable with not only the look of the clock in analog and digital, but the day and date formats as well, including all metro colours and fonts. It has an alarm feature as well but not very usable because of how sleep functions on SP3.

I bought the paid version because I liked it so much and it allows me to create different time zones and pin them to my Start screen, but if you only need to view your local time and date, the free version should be enough.

One word of warning, even if you save your customized clock template to the way you want it to look, if you choose the default settings afterwards and try to return to your customized template, the settings will not be saved and you will have to reset it.

duanelr

The short answer to your question, no.
But after going through a couple of options, I too believe Asparion to be the lesser of all evils. It looks great once set up and has lots of features. My problem was figuring out how to set it up. It was incredibly complicated and the situation was made worse by the fact there are no help files or manual. But.. It's a great looking clock and it will do just about anything.