What's new

attempted to buy at retailer - bad experience

revmike

I live in an area that has over 2.5 million people in three counties within an hour and a half and there are two apple stores, but no Microsoft, which is a mistake on their part, the closet one is 4 hours away, so it's BB or Microsoft online when I decide to buy a sp3.

annabanana

I live in an area that has over 2.5 million people in three counties within an hour and a half and there are two apple stores, but no Microsoft, which is a mistake on their part, the closet one is 4 hours away, so it's BB or Microsoft online when I decide to buy a sp3.

Is there Staples store in Fresno? They sell Surface. Also Fry's if you have one.

revmike

No Fry's and I forgot all about staples, there's one where I live, I'd still go to BB, the staples here is good for paper products but that's about it.

annabanana

Yeah, I'd go to Best Buy before Staples too. Like I said, I've never had bad service at my 2 local BB stores.

VickiFL

My husband bought his new Asus gaming PC at BB in July. The associates were not only not helpful, they seemed annoyed that we even asked for their help. We didn't have any other local store to buy a PC, and hubby likes to see what he is buying, so buying online from Tiger Direct was off the table. The local Tiger Direct didn't have what he wanted, unbelievably, and we drove more than an hour to get there.

Fast forward to September when I wanted to replace my old laptop. I don't know what made me do it, but I walked into the Microsoft Store, and immediately fell in love with the SP3. I walked out without buying it because I always do that. I like to think about things before I buy them, and consider all options. I went home and looked on Amazon, and was able to find a great deal, so I went ahead and bought it there. I bought the Microsoft warranty instead of Square Trade because I knew I could just go to the store with any problems.

My husband really likes my SP3 a lot, and said he will probably buy one later on, but he will keep using his new Asus for a few years because he just bought it and it was expensive.

We are fortunate that we have two Microsoft stores, only 10 miles from our home.

I've never had a bad experience at the 2 local Best Buy stores. I've bought a lot of electronics and even a washer and dryer there. Sales reps have been very good for the most part. One reason I like to buy there is I can use my credit card and get 12 months free financing on big ticket items. Did that with both Surface Pros. I hope Best Buy doesn't go out of business because options for electronics are already limited and some things I don't want to buy online. We lost Circuit City and Comp USA. I extremely dislike Walmart. The MS kiosk here was bad and the next closest MS store is over 2 hours away.

I miss the Circuit City and CompUSA as well; I had a CompUSA about 2 miles from my old place and would run down there all the time to pick up supplies. The one store that I'm shocked is still in business is Office Depot; every time I go in there it's like a ghost town, I don't know who they keep their doors open.

enthuz

We are fortunate that we have two Microsoft stores, only 10 miles from our home.

:mad::confused::eek: Two stores within 10 miles! What, do you live in Redmond? :D I wish they would put one near me and the BB one is not the answer unless they hire a dedicated MS expert. It's sad that I had to help a few customers with MS questions, because the reps in the store seemed to only know about Apple. DW hates it whenever I go into BB, because I always end up having to correct them bashing MS, Android, or something non-apple.

annabanana

I miss the Circuit City and CompUSA as well; I had a CompUSA about 2 miles from my old place and would run down there all the time to pick up supplies. The one store that I'm shocked is still in business is Office Depot; every time I go in there it's like a ghost town, I don't know who they keep their doors open.

Office Depot and Office Max are now the same company, not sure who bought who. I've always gone to Office Depot primarily because I hate the location of OM in my city. I bought a desktop once at Office Depot because it was a great deal.