What's new

August 12th 2015 Win 8.1 updates crippling

cibaris

One Suspect is KB3087916 security update for IE Flash Player for win 8.1.
A possible other update has crippled my Surface pro 3 battery life which is now three hours max. Before the updates easily got 8 hours. There is a sandbox error for adobe flash player popping up all the time. The internet speed has drastically reduced. I suspect an update here
The problem is you cannot uninstall. How on earth does one resolve this? I am not the only one either.
Thanks for any help

jjefff

I have the same Flash player error popping up on my desktop after upgrading to Windows 10, then rolling back to 8.1. I too am interested in resolving this issue.

My SP3 which I also upgraded to W10 and rolled back to 8.1 seems fine so far.

jjefff

OK, here is what I did...maybe it will help you. Flash is integrated in IE 11. I tried to re-install Flash numerous times and kept getting the message it was installed and working properly. Then, in IE, I went to settings, internet options, advanced, and re-set IE. I still had the flash error pop-ups constantly. Then while trying to watch a TV program a message popped up stating I needed the latest version of flash and to click here and download it. I did and so far working properly. This is on my desktop but might be of help to you.

Update...Well, that didn't work. Just got my first flash popup error message. Back to the drawing board.

jjefff

I just found this info: http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...r/380d888e-cbc1-4838-ba59-59936ac4b662?auth=1

From Ted Wheelock:
I found this on the Adobe forums site.. I have same problems.. note the date.

Announcement:Windows 8.1 users please read this announcement
Hide Details

by m_vargas (August 13, 2015)

Microsoft informed us that they inadvertently included the Flash Player Content Debugger in the August 11 release of the Security Update for Flash Player Update for Internet Explorer for Windows 8.1 update. If you have installed the update you will still be able to view Flash content and play Flash games, however, you may notice error dialogs that you've not seen before. You can close these dialog windows and continue to view Flash content or play Flash games. If you want to uninstall the update, go to Windows Update and uninstall the most recent Security Update for Flash Player for Internet Explorer. While the error dialogs may be annoying, if they don't interfere too much you may want to keep this version installed as it contains a number of important securitiy fixes.

Microsoft will fix this in an upcoming update to Flash Player for Internet Explorer. When they do, this message will be updated.