Auto-correct in IE Touch

Discussion in 'Windows 8 Forum' started by zhenya, Dec 27, 2014.

1. zhenya

zhenya Active Member

On my SP3 I use the Touch version of IE fairly regularly with the Type keyboard. The auto-correct function seems only half baked here. It is extremely aggressive about replacing entire words, gives me no warning that it is going to do so, and I often have to re-type the same word several times before it sticks to the word I want. It also doesn't seem to be learning from any of the corrections I make. Is this just the way it is or is there any tweaking I can do?

2. GreyFox7

GreyFox7 Super Moderator Staff Member

I got tired of recorrect─źng the autocorrected words and also suffering the shame fro the ones I missed so I turned it off. At least it doesn't replace 'SMTP' with 'Smut' anymore though. :)

leeshor likes this.
  3. Moonsurface

Moonsurface Super Moderator Staff Member

My Device:
    SPro3
    I turned autocorrect off, it still highlights words that are wrong and you can change then if you want, its somewhere in the PC settings.

4. GreyFox7

GreyFox7 Super Moderator Staff Member

I meant to include that earlier... Swipe from right, Settings, Change PC Settings, PC and Devices, Typing, Autocorrect misspeled [sic] words - off. :)

5. zhenya

zhenya Active Member

Thanks! I just tried that setting earlier this morning so we'll see how it goes.