What's new

Autocorrect on Keyboard?

davidlozzi

hi all,

Love this Surface Book, but when I'm using the tablet, and have to type, i.e. this post, I switch back to the keyboard because the onscreen keyboard doesn't auto correct! DRIVES me NUTS!

Am I missing something? Is there a setting? I see it work in MSFT apps, Cortana, but not in other apps...

Thanks!
Lozzi

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
Which browser are you using? there have been issues with Chrome and FireFox working properly... it's their fault.

To me what's worse though is how bad Autocorrect is. It's not bad enough that it's poor with selection of the right word for what would appear to be fairly common misspellings and mistyping but the worst is when it displays a suggested word that you select it substitutes that word with a different word and WHAM you've jut been a victim of AutoCorruption.

Another huge annoyance is it suggests a correction but then leaves a word fragment that you have to erase. I don't get it, this is much worse than correction in MS Word has ever been which as been around for decades, who's writing this shit?

leeshor

Firefox has worked every bit as well on my SP4 as on my desktop and it's loaded with add-ons. It also is more battery friendly than Chrome, by a mile.