What's new

Bamboo Paper for Windows 8

OP
Kif

Kif

Looking at the user reviews, it doesn't seem to work on the SP3 (or even the SP2).

Strange, I used it for about 15 minutes and it worked fine. The only issue I had was using button one for erase.

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
When it first was released it would hang when starting, the last update fixed it. It is pretty basic but has fluid inking but as stated has no native eraser support on the pen. I can't see it replacing OneNote though....

ctitanic

When it first was released it would hang when starting, the last update fixed it. It is pretty basic but has fluid inking but as stated has no native eraser support on the pen. I can't see it replacing OneNote though....
Correct, but the ink experience is really good on it.

BillsCarnage

Works like a charm on the SP3. There's different functionality than Onenote. Bamboo is a better drawing app, but syncing to skydrive is a notch for Onenote.

You can use the top button (not eraser button) to bring up the drawing tools, but the pen needs to be close to the screen.

Arizona Willie

Right, love Wacom stuff for many drawing tasks ... but One Note will convert your writing to text and I didn't see and option to do that. But, I didn't download all the Trial Versions of all the different items. Perhaps one of those will convert handwriting to text.

Anyone know how to turn on pressure sensitivity on this app? Love the app, but the lack of pressure sensitivity is a deal breaker...free as it may be.