What's new

Battery drain in Connected Standby/ won't go to sleep

Not sure what happened, but this all started after Feb 16th. Before that, in CS, I'd only lose 3-4% battery.

There is now constant battery during connected standby and my SP3 won't go into deep sleep after 4 hrs of CS. Anyone know how to fix this?

I attached screenshots of the battery report and sleep report.
Battery.jpg
batter2.jpg

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
Not sure what happened, but this all started after Feb 16th. Before that, in CS, I'd only lose 3-4% battery.

There is now constant battery during connected standby and my SP3 won't go into deep sleep after 4 hrs of CS. Anyone know how to fix this?

I attached screenshots of the battery report and sleep report.
View attachment 5507 View attachment 5508
You have a program using your wireless connection that is also writing to disk.... it has to be one of the Modern UI Apps that presents content offline since it writing to disk, News Program, Torrent Program, or Media.

nipponham

Same problem here, started on 2/20. There weren't any updates on or just before that date so I don't know what created the problem but I ran a power efficiency report and it showed:
  1. srvnet driver was preventing sleep, and
  2. Bluetooth radio adapter was not entering selective suspend
1. was fixed by going into services and manually disabling Windows media player network sharing, (which shouldn't have been running because it's set to manual and I never enabled it). I'm still trying to fix issue 2. Short of disabling Bluetooth, I cannot set it to enter selective suspend. This issue doesn't interfere with CS so it should enter sleep but not entering a low-power state is troubling...

OP
T

tallshorty

I found the problem. It is due to Private Internet Access's VPN program. After uninstalling it everything went back to normal. Anyone here uses this program without this issue?