What's new

Battery drain in "Connected Standby"

a[c]e

Hi, and please excuse me if posting in the wrong place, but I have tried to search for answers, without luck..

My Surface 3 Pro is draining a lot of battery in "Connected Standby" (and in active use in my opinion).

I have tried to run the Battery Report and Sleep Report, but do not know what to do with the answers. Hopefully someone here can help me out?

As far as I can understand, the WiFi adapter and the USB mouse seems to use a lot of battery all the time? Other than that I really do not know what is causing the high usage of battery..

All help really appreciated! Have a happy new year!

Report1.jpg

- -

Report2.jpg

- -

Report3.jpg

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
What USB mouse are you using. Try uninstalling any related software and reinstalling it, same for the wireless adapter. Just uninstall them and it should get redetected and reinstalled.

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
Looks like your USB Bus has a couple of devices that are refusing to enter into Connected Standby.....is one an external USB Disk Drive?

OP
a[c]e

a[c]e

Thanks for all the replies guys!

I am using a "Sandstrøm SMBT14" mouse. Have tried to switch from USB use to Bluetooth, to see if that helps.

I do not have any other devices connected. However I have used "Daemon Tools" to create a virtual BD-ROM station to install applications (due to lack of a physical BD-ROM on the Surface).. Might that be a problem?

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks for all the replies guys!

I am using a "Sandstrøm SMBT14" mouse. Have tried to switch from USB use to Bluetooth, to see if that helps.

I do not have any other devices connected. However I have used "Daemon Tools" to create a virtual BD-ROM station to install applications (due to lack of a physical BD-ROM on the Surface).. Might that be a problem?
Anything that prevents the device from entering into Connected Standby is an issue, when did it start?

OP
a[c]e

a[c]e

I have only owned the SPro3 for about three weeks and I feel that it has been like this since I bought it.. I did however install both the USB mouse and the virutal drive one of the first days after purchase..

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
I would remove the two suspected offenders and run it for a bit to see if it goes away...

OP
a[c]e

a[c]e

Here is the result of a 2 hour+ connected standby after I removed the mouse from USB..

Skjermbilde.JPG

Still USB that seems to be a problem.. Will try to uninstall Daemon Tools.. Any other ideas what can be causing the problem?

What is this CPU C0 Time..

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
The CPU has two cores.... Core 0 and Core 1 so looks like an application is keeping one core busy....

Drill down to the activators....