What's new

Solved Battery drainend when on sleep: Error 10010

messy

Hi,

for me it happens often that my Surface Pro 3 (i5) is completely out of power after a few hours of sleeping mode. I checked the Event Viewer to see if there any actions which awake my Surface. I didn't find any power events but a lot of errors. Maybe that is the issue? Every two minutes there is an entry:

Code:
Level    Date and Time        Source                      Event ID       Task Category
Error    01.10.2014 09:00:23      DistributedCOM    10010            None

The server {1A1F4206-0688-4E7F-BE03-D82EC69DF9A5} did not register with DCOM within the required timeout.

Could that be the root of the evil? I mean if there is every two minutes something going on than my Surface needs power. Can anyone help me with this issue?

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
From an elevated CMD Prompt create a Sleep Study

powercfg /sleepstudy

copy the report from System32 and open with IE and see what is keeping the SP3 active during CS.

If you need more info, do the same as above but change to /energy for an Energy Report which will give some different info....

OP
messy

messy

Thank for your reply. I don't know. There is a lot of information, but what I can see is the biggest offender is the wireless ac adapter. But it doesn't help me with the error issue I have

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
Thank for your reply. I don't know. There is a lot of information, but what I can see is the biggest offender is the wireless ac adapter. But it doesn't help me with the error issue I have
DCOM (Distributed Communications API) is used by many Win32 programs\services, its a very common error. Are you wanting to clear the error or find out why your battery is draining (of course by you saying that Wireless is you biggest offender the two are very possibly connected).

Last edited:
OP
messy

messy

qz2xtntc.png

Hi,

the last graph on the 10-05 is my surface in the sleepmode while the night. It lost ~50% percentage of its power. That is not normal, isn't it?

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
qz2xtntc.png

Hi,

the last graph on the 10-05 is my surface in the sleepmode while the night. It lost ~50% percentage of its power. That is not normal, isn't it?
No, as other have said it is not normal, the question still remains....what is keeps it awake? What are your Activators that are highlighted in Red?

Liam2349

qz2xtntc.png

Hi,

No, it's not. It's probably caused by some software you have installed, but even after removing it, these issues can persist.

If you find out what's causing it by running a sleepstudy report, then refresh, all should be fine. Yeah, it's a pain - I did it earlier today and it took me 3 hours, but it's probably faster than trying to fix it some other way.

OP
messy

messy

I tried that this morning with the flight mode enabled and there was no problem with the power draining. I will try it again with the flight mode disabled.

Before the top offenders were:

Code:
Marvell AVASTAR Wireless-AC Network Controller    Networking    100%    1:18:26
VirtualBox Host-Only Ethernet Adapter    Networking    98%    1:17:01
Disk drive (\_SB.PCI0.SAT0.PRT0)    Fx Device    93%    1:12:40
NCSI    Activator    63%    0:49:29
BI    Activator    61%    0:47:54

Aegeas

It looks pretty clear from the process list that you had a VM that was still running when you tried to put it to sleep.