Hi all....after some advice. My SP2is no quite 2 ½ years young however my battery when fully charged will die after less than 10 mins of being on. I have spent many weeks back and forth to MS about this issue as well as my cord having sparked (aware of the recall) however it was the brick to device connection not the other part...unfortunately I threw this out! What would be a reasonable life span to expect with this device before it became a useless paperweight! I am very disappointed with MS for their lack of support and care factor and would absolutely not look at another device....this was not cheap when I bought it.