What's new

Battery Life while playing Music

LoriMomof9

I had my Surface 3 fully charged when I came downstairs. I am playing music from Amazon Music. The battery only lasted for 4 hours. So now I am charging it....

I have display at 100% (I need the bright screen to read things) - I don't want to be constantly changing it... unless there is a quickbar that I can pull up easy without having to go to settings all the time.

I did just turn off "Change brightness automatically"....

I looked at battery usage - it actually said Chrome was using more battery than Music.... I just closed 5 tabs, will have to see if that helps.... I had 3 duplicate pinned tabs - not sure how that happened....

I just want to see if I can do other things to make it last longer on battery. I could get a LOT longer on my iPad Air 2.... but I got the Surface 3 for so many other reasons... mostly for the evenings and for portability. I suppose I will need to buy another OEM charger for it.... I tried using my Samsung charger, but it would not connect. I don't want to have to keep bringing the charger up and down the stairs....

leeshor

If Chrome is installed, (you don't actually need to be using it), it will eat your battery alive. It's worse when you are actually using it. The number of tabs only affect the memory resources, not so much the battery.

Zippy0n

I think general consensus is either IE11 or Firefox - I use edge though and quite like how smooth it is

OP
L

LoriMomof9

I have never liked IE.... I used Edge for a little while.... I use FireFox on my laptop.... use Chrome on tablets and phones, that is why I went with that. I will see how FF does.

leeshor

Firefox is working very well for me, even with lots of ad-ons (13), including AdBlockPlus which I consider a must have.