What's new

battery loss during shut down

absresin

Did a search for this but found nothing so I'll post here. I always shut down my SP3. Seems I lose about 10% battery in 24 hours. Would this seem normal in shut down mode.? New to SP3 use. Thanks

Grumpy2

I recently shut my Sp3 down for several days ( I first switched both Bluetooth and WiFi off and then hit Power button - Shutdown) But before I did that I charged the battery to 100%. When I switched the device on several days later the charge state was still at 100%. However if I shut it down with Bluetooth and WiFi still on then it does loose some charge whilst in the shut down state. I guess that even though it is shut down the fact that the wireless adapter is still switched on that adapter is consuming some power. But I am not an expert in this so I do not know. I can only relate what happens in my situation. For others it may be different.

OP
A

absresin

I recently shut my Sp3 down for several days ( I first switched both Bluetooth and WiFi off and then hit Power button - Shutdown) But before I did that I charged the battery to 100%. When I switched the device on several days later the charge state was still at 100%. However if I shut it down with Bluetooth and WiFi still on then it does loose some charge whilst in the shut down state. I guess that even though it is shut down the fact that the wireless adapter is still switched on that adapter is consuming some power. But I am not an expert in this so I do not know. I can only relate what happens in my situation. For others it may be different.
Thanks, will try turning off wi-fi and blue tooth. My SP3 will be used only on trips a few times a year, just want to keep battery ok between monthly Microsoft updates. Thanks again for the tip