Battery not detected

Discussion in 'Microsoft Surface Help' started by Niteryder, Jan 28, 2014.

1. Niteryder

Niteryder New Member

Turned on my Surface RT this morning after charging, and the battery display was showing an empty battery with a red x. I tapped the display and got a warning that said "Battery not detected". It was fully charged, so I'm confused as to why I'm getting this warning. I did a restart and the warning went away. This is the 4th time this has happened. I'm starting to wonder if I just got a bad tablet and need to exchange it for another Surface. Anyone else had this warning?

2. Niteryder

Niteryder New Member

Guess not but No worries I managed to get it resolved. I returned the RT and got a Dell Venue 8 Pro and could not be happier. Smaller, Faster, and full blown windows. Performance is light Years ahead of the Surface RT and got it on Sale for just $249. Thanks for all the help. Almost Forgot, no more "Cannot display This page" error while browsing.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2014
  3. tsolaye

tsolaye New Member

My Device:
    S2
    Just had a similar experience with a replacement surface 2. Unlike your case, the restart is not having any effect.

4. kmcspringford

kmcspringford New Member

My Device:
    SPro3
    Suddenly my Surface pro 3 has stopped detecting my battery. There is a cross on the battery in the task bar. When I hover my mouse over the icon, it says "no battery is detected". My surface is up to date with all the available updates. I have followed the different reboots with holding the power button for 30 sec, then volume up and power for 15, etc. Not working.

Any suggestions?