What's new

Battery Performance

Niterider4

Now that I've had a few days with both chargers, and the non-dGPU i5/8/128, I can say that the 65w charger does charge the batteries faster than the 36w charger. However, the difference is not dramatic.

Any way to get better battery life in sleep mode without manually turning off WiFi? When my computer is awake, battery life seems fine, but it drainnquite a bit in sleep. Anyway to turn off connected standby? I saw a registry edit somewhere, but it also removed the regular sleep option.

leeshor

Any way to get better battery life in sleep mode without manually turning off WiFi? When my computer is awake, battery life seems fine, but it drainnquite a bit in sleep. Anyway to turn off connected standby? I saw a registry edit somewhere, but it also removed the regular sleep option.
There is a setting that will turn WiFi off while sleeping. You can then go into the advanced power settings and shorten the time it takes for it to hibernate. I adjusted mine from 120 minutes down to 60. No need to manually turn WiFi off, at least not on my SP4

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
On any S0iX enabled machine, disabling Connected Standby leaves only S4 Hibernate or S5 Off as the only options...