What's new

Battery questions/ about wear level

ONeill29

Hello

I have my surface 3 since one week but I have some question about the wear level of my battery

With Hwv monitor, there is 2% of wear, with batterybar 1,8% and with energy report 0,98% (maximum charge rate/theorical load rate).

However which is strange is that with battertbar at each time I am loading my battery, there is more and more wear level with batterybar. For example I put my S3 on power supply this afternoon (load to 20 to 50 % )I take 0,2% on batterybar.

I think it is possible to have a bit of wear level because I discharge my battery under 4% which is not good i know. However the fact that there is more and more wear level with batterybar is worrying...

2) and what isyour wear level with your S3 ? Have you the same number ?

Can you help me ?

Last edited:

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
I have not seen that these wear levels are accurate or meaningful, in general they tend to fluctuate quite a bit.

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
Batterybar is an older program that doesn't always report correctly on Windows 8.x or later power management events....

OP
O

ONeill29

Ok Yes I have charge my battery to 90% and I had 1,9% of wear level and now I'm at 1,2% after completly recharge. I have made 10 cycles.

>>But what I would like to know is if it's normal to have this level at one week and half and if it's normal that the wear level increase ?

>>How are You with your S3 and how do you charge your surface (20-100% or 20-90% or other) ?

If it's usefull I put it but I don't really know :

Attachments

• Battery report 2.pdf
    205.1 KB · Views: 799
Last edited:
OP
O

ONeill29

Yes It is help me on this point but I would like to have some real feedback of people who use a Surface 3 to compare the wear level and their experiences with their battery.

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
I run down my S3 down to about 4% and back to 100% daily, same with my SP3...it is a mobile device and I use it as such....

The batteries Microsoft uses are 2-3x more reliable and support many more charge cycles, they should allow under normal conditions to have ~80% normal battery capacity after 3 years.

hughlle

Super Moderator
Staff member
For the above reason (reliable modern technology) I never worry myself about things like this like I used to in the past. Most 2-3yr old computers, tablets, phones etc in our house are still doing absolutely fine, "as new", without any care such as discharging once a month etc. I just ignore it and focus on enjoying using the device :)

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
For the above reason (reliable modern technology) I never worry myself about things like this like I used to in the past. Most 2-3yr old computers, tablets, phones etc in our house are still doing absolutely fine, "as new", without any care such as discharging once a month etc. I just ignore it and focus on enjoying using the device :)
Agreed...I personally don't want to get hung up on this type of thing and just use the device....

andrew7783

Battery wear percentages are just estimates, and when they're that low, they're really nothing to worry about. Chances are, your battery will continue to function at an acceptable level for years to come. Just enjoy your device and if the battery performance is unsatisfactory at some point in the future, worry about it then.

OP
O

ONeill29

I don't open an other thread but when I am at home, Can I put my surface plug with the power supply ?

1)S can I plug it or is it not good for the battery ?Because I don't want that the battery makes 99 after 100% of charge/discharge. Do you see what I would like to say ?

2) When I'm plug, there is just "plug, in charge" or "charged" but nothing which is say that I'm not using the battery but the power supply. Moreover when I'm full charged I can heard the loader...

3) Can I use my surface when she is loading (at 35% for example)?