What's new

battery stuck 99%

MickeyLittle

Has this been going on or is this just happening now? If it's just now I'd suggest running the battery down to 10-20%, shutting the unit off, and then charging it. Leave it plugged in for 3-4 hours till you're sure it should be fully charged and then see if it has charged past 99%.

If this doesn't help you can always try a soft boot (Stole the term from @sharpuser )

Soft Boot
  1. Power unit off
  2. Press and hold Power and Volume Up buttons until the "Surface" logo is displayed
  3. Release both buttons
  4. Exit and Save making no changes.

OP
N

Nuno Santos

Has this been going on or is this just happening now? If it's just now I'd suggest running the battery down to 10-20%, shutting the unit off, and then charging it. Leave it plugged in for 3-4 hours till you're sure it should be fully charged and then see if it has charged past 99%.

If this doesn't help you can always try a hard boot (Stole the term from @sharpuser )

Soft Boot

1. Power unit off
  2. Press and hold Power and Volume Up buttons until the "Surface" logo is displayed
  3. Release both buttons
  4. Exit and Save making no changes.
its been doing this for a while now.just did the soft reset and still the same.yesterday it have the same 99% and suddenly the power go off 0%.

Last edited by a moderator:

MickeyLittle

There is an app called Battery Bar Pro that maybe able to help but I am not sure. It is not in the app store.

sharpuser

Administrator
Staff member
COLD BOOT

1) Press and hold Power button for 25 seconds. Do not release early, despite the screen or keyboard going dark. Then release.
2) Press and hold Power and Volume Up buttons until you see the Surface logo. Release.
3) UEFI screen will be shown. Exit/Save without making changes. Allow your Surface device to restart.