What's new

Solved Be careful with todays firmware update

Thats my boot screen now looks like since i installed the firmware update released today :(

upload_2014-8-19_20-30-36.png

OP
Danielo290881

Danielo290881

@GreyFox: Your tip was so right! I went into BIOS and enabled Secure boot and now all is black as it should be.

I had not enabled secure boot all the time and boot screen was always black but todays firmware update seems to make it red. Thank you so much! :)

kristalsoldier

Isn't Secure Boot enabled by default? And, there is another firmware update for today? Is this a corrective to what is being reported as a faulty update last week?

ctitanic

August 19 release
The following updates will be listed as “System Firmware Update – 8/19/2014” when you view your update history.
Note
When Surface updates are provided via the Windows Update service, they are delivered in stages to Surface customers. As a result, not every Surface will receive the update at the same time, but the update will be delivered to all devices. If you have not received the update then please manually check Windows Update later.

• Surface Pro UEFI (v3.9.150.0) adds features to display BIOS password state and asset tag information, as well as improving boot times in some scenarios.

So yes, todays firmware does what it was described by the OP.

ctitanic

Isn't Secure Boot enabled by default? And, there is another firmware update for today? Is this a corrective to what is being reported as a faulty update last week?
Yes, but somebody here recommended to turn if off to gain 3 seconds in the boot process o_O