What's new

Best app / software for recording screen to video

JasonD

I'd like to record my drawing sessions to share online. Does anyone else do this? What program do you recommend? Free would be preferred, but I don't mind buying something if the price is reasonable and it work well / isn't too difficult to use. Thanks!

leeshor

Are you faniliar with Step Recorder? It is a part of Windows. If not, you may want to look it up.

OP
J

JasonD

Thanks. I'll look into Camtasia Studio.

Step Recorder doesn't work for what I want. It just takes screenshots of what apps / menus / etc you've used / clicked on. What I'm looking for is something to record a video of my drawing on the screen.

ctitanic

Ouch! $300 is way outside of my price range. Thanks for the suggestion though. Back to Goog...er, Bing. :)
I think that Camtasia is also sold separately, just the recorder. It has been a long time since I used the last time.

OP
J

JasonD

I'm trying Bandicam right now. It's only around $40 to buy after the trial; much more affordable.

I tried searching for a recorder-only version of Camtasia, but haven't had any luck yet. Thanks again!

mcsenerd

I think what you might want to look at is CamStudio. Not quite as nice and polished as Camtasia, but the price is right.

EMINENT

screencast-o-matic.com

The best I use. Gives options to save and edit length, add notes or upload to youtube and other places.
Free, but if you want more features, just a little bit extra.