What's new

Best Deal?

Tmozer

OK, I am pretty much decided on the I5 with 8 gigs of ram. My two choices for purchase are Amazon or BestBuy. Amazon is 99 cents cheaper with free shipping and no sales tax (at least up front) if I have it shipped to SC or FL. BestBuy is $1199.99, but I have a card for 10% off one item which would bring the price to $1079.99. Adding 6% sales tax it would be $1144.80. The added bonus to BestBuy would be using my BestBuy credit card and opting for one year payoff with no interest (I love that option). So my SP3 would be less than $100 a month for 11 months with no interest. Sounds like a no-brainer.......

hughlle

Super Moderator
Staff member
What about a cashback offer such as from quidco? They are currently (in uk) offering £60 off plus £80 cash back on that model. When i bought mine i ended up saving over £200 on retail.

OP
Tmozer

Tmozer

I do have the option of buying in NJ, SC or FL. However I don't think I will be in FL before my 10% discount expires. Since the local SC sales tax would be 9% I think I will check our my local NJ BestBuy before I head South on Sunday. NJ sales tax is 7%.

hughlle

Super Moderator
Staff member
Wasn't aware that quidco was just a UK company. Surely there are US alternatives. That aside though, my point was more just to look around outside of typical retail channels, because discounts can often be had.

OP
Tmozer

Tmozer

My local (NJ) BestBuy says they have them in stock, so tomorrow could be my day to become an SP3 owner.......

If you know someone who has .edu email, then you can get $100 off from Bestbuy. I just got my i5/128 for $760 OTD using 10% off mover's coupon and $100 off student discount. Oh, and the Surface was on sale for $100 off. So, it turned out to be a sweet deal.

OP
Tmozer

Tmozer

Yeah I guess the student discount was the only current discount I missed. Just came from BestBuy and have two bags of SP3 goodies sitting on the floor awaiting play time. I was surprised and happy that BestBuy matched any of the online prices (the salesman checked Amazon, Walmart and a couple other online retailers).

I ended up with the SP3 I5 256/8 gig version, a black MS keyboard/cover, the docking station and the Zagg glass cover for $1,512.67 with the 7% sales tax.

I was tempted but did not purchase a MS Office suite. Will be looking to do so soon. Also will want the latest Lightroom. Please reply if you have seen a good price for either.