What's new

Best mouse for spro

JacksonLui

I see three viable options
Old arc mouse
new arc mouse
Wedge

Anyone own all three and any overwhelming preferences ? Or just use the track pad? Wish the track pad was bigger.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

hughlle

Super Moderator
Staff member
Depends entirely on what you need it for really. I am more than happy to use the usb port (either on the surface, or the dock) so that I can use the mouse I actually want to use, as opposed to the "best" of the bluetooth offerings. On the go I love my MX anywhere2, and at home I prefer my razor deathadder. I've never had anything but issues with bluetooth in terms of a reliable connection, so it would take something very special to take me back down that route.

tuxnjeans

I owned the old Arc and threw it away. Kept dropping the BT connection.
Replaced it with a Wedge that I still have and love. It's my travel mouse.
Bought the new Arc to see if it's any better than the old one and it definitely is. No dropping BT anymore, and I use it every day.
I'd buy either another Wedge or new Arc in a heartbeat if I had to replace either one.

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
I use the trackpad while mobile - but when docked I use the new Surface ARC Mouse with the Surface Ergo Keyboard but that is because I use it tablet mode while docked. -

upload_2018-2-16_6-50-45.png

CSR

I had the Wedge and hated it. Didn't fit my hand and made my wrist sore. Have a new Arc mouse and it works well but still makes my wrist sore in long term use, so only use it on the road. For desktop use I use a Logitech MX anywhere2 BT mouse and it works great! Could also use it on the road, but the Arc is a little more compact.

wpcoe

I use the trackpad while mobile - but when docked I use the new Surface ARC Mouse with the Surface Ergo Keyboard but that is because I use it tablet mode while docked. -

View attachment 8867
This is off-topic, but it looks like your power/docking port is on the upper part of the right side? Mine is on the lower portion ... how did you do tiat?

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
This is off-topic, but it looks like your power/docking port is on the upper part of the right side? Mine is on the lower portion ... how did you do tiat?
It's flipped with the Fulcrum Hinge at the top (Landscape Flipped) :)

wpcoe

Nope - Screen is in Canvas Mode with the hinge up top the power facing is on my right (stage left though)
My SP2017 in landscape has connector in lower right:

landscape.jpg

In landscape flipped (i.e. hinge at the top) the connector is upper left:

landscape-flipped.jpg

What appears to be landscape flipped (i.e. hinge at top) on yours, the connector is upper right:

jnjroach.jpg

What kind of sorcery is this?