What's new

Best Music Player

olimjj

Hmmmm. So no output from Surface that will work? that would be a bummer.
If your unit had an optical in like the Model 8005, you would be good to go. There are a number of reasonably priced small portable external USB DACs for the SP1,2,3 that provide optical outs like the inexpensive Turtle Beach Micro II or the more esoteric( albeit more expensive) Meridian Explorer. If you don't insist on going through your CD player, these are excellent stand alone units. There are of course many others which I have not mentioned.

jimmad02

I'd obviously rather not buy another DAC! I guess I'll have to use other modes of streaming into my system; I may look into a bluetooth that can plug into the USB on the CD player. that would add flexibility I don't have right now. i thought about the 8005 but didn't want to pop for the extra $700.

tom12345

+1 for winamp (2.95). Still the best. They saw in the future, it has double size option (ctrl+d) so quite touch friendly :)

fletch33

i like Winamp as well but been trying Music app.

my best advice is to AVOID iTunes if you ever plan to leave it or care about your library organization. iTunes destroys libraries and have spent too much time fixing it after.

i do have Macs too and i use iTunes on them ONLY to add what i want on my iPod classic 80GB which i use for various things.

vxm

I use Spotify mostly, but for stored music I have Gom Audio (I like Gom Video player really much and they recently released metro player, so it's no.1 for me) I don't like having one app to play videos and audio files, so I never felt the need for MediaMonkey or similiar software