What's new

Best Way to Proceed

Mr.NK

Super Moderator
Some sort of pocket router (mifi or a Verizon Fivespot) seems to be an ideal solution, if you want to connect multiple devices at one time.

OP
O

Old_Dog

This Old Dog did learn some new tricks with the help of the forum members. I am comfortable now navigating around Win 8 with or without tiles, Gmail, Explorer etc. I ordered the wedge mouse and a carrying case. The carrying case was delivered yesterday. While travelling, I can carry ipad (for the wife) and Surface Pro. The carrying case looks like man-purse which was a slightly uncomforting. But what the heck, I am too old to care. At home, we have ceramic tiles and wood floors throughout and I am afraid one of these days, I will drop the Surface Pro. Does anyone else have a protective cover or looked at getting one?

Arizona Willie

I have considered using a case for an old laptop. But that old case is pretty bulky itself.
So far, I have managed to talk myself into waiting awhile before buying a case.
There are some out there, but I expect to see better ones come out soon, hopefully.

So far I just flip the Type keyboard shut and carry it around like that when I take it somewhere.
I'm hoping someone brings out a nice case with perhaps a built-in keyboard and / or battery / and place to put the stylus ( just to have it someplace I could find it if I ever wanted it ).

This Old Dog did learn some new tricks with the help of the forum members. I am comfortable now navigating around Win 8 with or without tiles, Gmail, Explorer etc. I ordered the wedge mouse and a carrying case. The carrying case was delivered yesterday. While travelling, I can carry ipad (for the wife) and Surface Pro. The carrying case looks like man-purse which was a slightly uncomforting. But what the heck, I am too old to care. At home, we have ceramic tiles and wood floors throughout and I am afraid one of these days, I will drop the Surface Pro. Does anyone else have a protective cover or looked at getting one?