What's new

Beware of Bestbuy doing exchanges through their website

Liam2349

It would be good if Amazon sold this device themselves, would be the best purchase option if you don't need the student discount.

Returns to Amazon are the easiest thing ever.

OP
K

Kris

I read his/her posts and have been around the block a few times. :)

I'm not suggesting BB in general or the individuals at the specific BB store are saints. I'm just suggesting YMMV based on the approach you take. I've seen people that know how to evoke bad customer service from the most saintly and others who get service from otherwise scum sucking bottom feeders. Flies and honey and all that...

Thanks for the support... I was quite nice, I was returning the same item for the 4th time and wanted to show that I wasn't playing games or anything else like that. I only raised my voice a small amount when the associate got belligerent and started saying he told me I couldn't get my cash back when he did no such thing, I demanded a manager. When the manager game out there were Three of them and they pretty much surrounded me, in what I would call a bullying manner, and tried to intimidate me into submission. I talked calmly to them but was firm that I would not just go away. I tried to be reasonable and tell them the facts and they mocked me, told me I was lying and that every product I returned worked just fine. I've worked retail before was even a manager and know what it is like to be on the other end when dealing with a problem making customer, I was not a problem customer and did not provoke any threats, that I received, or to be banned from the store. In the last 30+ days I have spent over 3k at the store and my only problem was getting a SP3 that worked.

kundas1

if I was you I would return every other purchase you made that your able to return, and then I would get every persons name that were rude and then call HQ and make a formal complaint including threatening to call the BBB and make a formal complaint with them, I'm sure someone in HQ will take you seriously enough to try and help you... sometime you JUST GOTTA fight back!

Kif

You went through 4 Surfaces at one store? I think that's pushing the boundary of what's expected by a retailer. I'm not denying you had issues but you could have worked through resolving them directly with the vendor. Or just gotten your money back sooner and bought one somewhere else. Saying this I'm not a fan of Best Buy.

kundas1

why should he deal with the vendor? best buy has an obligation to back up what they sell and the vendor should back up BB.. that's the way capitalism works, no? also I'm sure the vendor (MS) doesn't have a problem if BB sends the defective units back because of faulty workmanship, so why should bb give a problem to the buyer/customer for returning bad units? even if the OP exchanged 10 devices because they were defective and OBVIOUSLY the OP has the right to exchange them because they are defective, BB should honor their products HASSLE free which is written in their advertisings! some of you people have to realize they are here for US not we're here for THEM.. that's how capitalism works...

Kif

why should he deal with the vendor? best buy has an obligation to back up what they sell and the vendor should back up BB.. that's the way capitalism works, no? also I'm sure the vendor (MS) doesn't have a problem if BB sends the defective units back because of faulty workmanship, so why should bb give a problem to the buyer/customer for returning bad units? even if the OP exchanged 10 devices because they were defective and OBVIOUSLY the OP has the right to exchange them because they are defective, BB should honor their products HASSLE free which is written in their advertisings! some of you people have to realize they are here for US not we're here for THEM.. that's how capitalism works...

Seriously, four defective SP3's in a row. Retailers have every right to eventually cut off customers. I'm not judging the OP but that doesn't mean I agree he's been wronged by Best Buy. Best Buy is here to make money for its shareholders. The OP should get his money back of course but I don't blame best buy for banning him.

Last edited:

kundas1

sure but not at the expense of it's customers! so what is it the fault of OP that BB sold 4 defective tablets to him, or are you insinuating that the OP is imagining or lying? LOL because 4 defective units (which is no fault of the OP BTW) the OP has to put up or keep a defective device because he is afraid of p!ss!ng off the share holders? WHO CARES! the OP shouldn't be stuck with a defective unit even if he returned/exchanged 10 of them! your logic makes no sense! bottom line is don't sale defective units and if you do then you have to exchange them... that's it that's all... or else drop the vendor because of too many faulty devices...

tuchas

FOUR defective units in a row? Regardless if it's Best Buy or MS Retail, that says a lot about lack of quality control at the manufacturer.

kundas1

I agree, but whats even more disturbing is, there have been others on this forum that has been through 3 or 4 defective units in a row... I'm just thankful mine has been so perfect. but MS HAS TO seriously get its QC in order or it will be the fall of the Surface line! the person in charge of QC in the china fabrication DEV needs to be fired!

Kif

It depends what you call defective. Not everyone agrees a little light bleed or a very slight yellowish hue on the screen is classified as defective. Product forums seem to attract OSD types. I've been guilty myself about being OCD about a particular product. There's two sides of the story and we're only hearing half of it here.

Last edited:

tuchas

It depends what you call defective. Not everyone agrees a little light bleed or a very slight yellowish hue on the screen is classified as defective. Product forums seem to attract OSD types. I've been guilty myself about being OCD about a particular product. There's two sides of the story and we're only hearing half of it here.

Well, to me, minor light bleed happens on many tablets, and sometimes you have to look for it. If you have to search for it, that's not a defect. A yellowish hue on the screen IS a defect IMHO. But Kif, I have to agree with the main point of your comment - many people DO go schizoid if there is a minor blemish or a tiny imperfection that no one else would ever care about. To me, unless it is noticeable, like a yellow tint or a scratch on a screen, it's fine. My SP3 still appears to be flawless. The type cover is getting filthy - wonder if there is a way to keep the thing clean....but that's for another thread.