What's new

black Friday surface pro 3

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
LOL yea BB is a crappy store, I TRY NOT to go buy there if I can help it
The only reason I would go there is if they have something on the shelf and I need it quicker than I can get it delivered from an online store.

I got the bluetooth Arc Touch mouse and it's great, I have a sleeve for my SP3 which has a front pocket and with the arc mouse folded flat it's perfect. I ordered the wireless display adapter from Microsoft, this device has proven to be the elusive unicorn. I checked my local BestBuy online and it showed they had it, went down there to find out it just showed up in a delivery and nothing has been unpacked but the rep took my name and number and would call me later that day. Got a call back and there were none in the shipment; I kind of think they were in the shipment but someone ran back and brought them out and they got sold right away before the guy could grab one for me so he just told me they didn't show up. When I was there he said the manifest showed there were 2 delivered, for some reason they are getting very few delivered. He also informed me the website status is wrong almost half the time. So I called the local Microsoft Store in the mall nearby, gal told me they had them in stock so I went there after work. Walked in and the guy told me they haven't had any for a few days and the number I thought was to their store is actually a call center and they don't see individual stores inventory (ticked me off because I sat in rush hour traffic to get the unit... plus I hate the mall). So I'd save yourself some time driving around and just order the thing online. I'm in the Bellevue (Seattle) area.

kristalsoldier

Is this Wireless Display Adapter even available on the MS site? I tried to look for it, but could not find it. A link would be very helpful.

Yes, that is the correct link. May also want to pick up a USB extension cable and USB wall adapter (if you don't already have one) just in case your TV does not have a USB plug-in. I've read some good reviews on it (not meant for serious gaming though), hopefully mine will arrive in the next two days. If it works like hope it will I will probably pick up a second one that way I can leave one on my TV and have one in my laptop bag.