What's new

Black Friday

B

B'midbar

Anybody think there's a shot? Really leaning towards upgrading from my i5, 256GB SP3 to a 512GB one, possibly i7, dependent upon what sales there may be.

dstrauss

Some of the sites (CNet I think) have reported up to $150 off on an SPro3 depending on model, at Best Buy. May be tough to get an i7/512gb from them though.

young blade

Anybody think there's a shot? Really leaning towards upgrading from my i5, 256GB SP3 to a 512GB one, possibly i7, dependent upon what sales there may be.

I think that the i7 would be your only choice because the i5 versions doesn't come with a 512Gb drive. So unless you do it your self..??

raqball

Wont find me within miles of any store on Black Friday. :)

I agree.. And you won't find me at a Best Buy, ever! If they offered the SP3 at half price I'd pass and buy elsewhere for more..

Cyber Monday is the way to roll.. Sit on couch, click and enjoy.. I have a few things I'd like to buy and will keep an eye out for them on Cyber Monday.. :)

raqball

Here is a screenshot of the Best Buy Black Friday SP3 ad.

$100-$150 off on the 128GB and above versions..

Screenshot (4).png

Considering what I feel my time is worth, $100-150 is well worth the fact that I won't need to a) camp, b) stand in a several hour long line. But, I truly hope you get the device you seek at a price that is affordable for you.

OP
B

B'midbar

Considering what I feel my time is worth, $100-150 is well worth the fact that I won't need to a) camp, b) stand in a several hour long line. But, I truly hope you get the device you seek at a price that is affordable for you.

Cyber Monday aside (should have specifically included that in my query), I'm willing to make a bet that IF Best Buy were to have the 512GB units for $150 off 1) they wouldn't have much in inventory, 2) the individuals who would buy the highest end unit - out of the total, potential buying population of SP3s at a given locale - would be in the minority. But Best Buy or otherwise, Cyber Monday or otherwise, the original query was targeted at whether there would be any discounts over the opening holiday shopping weekend or not. Sales at one or two venues drive down prices elsewhere.

"We'll see" said the Zen master.

Cyber Monday aside (should have specifically included that in my query), I'm willing to make a bet that IF Best Buy were to have the 512GB units for $150 off 1) they wouldn't have much in inventory, 2) the individuals who would buy the highest end unit - out of the total, potential buying population of SP3s at a given locale - would be in the minority. But Best Buy or otherwise, Cyber Monday or otherwise, the original query was targeted at whether there would be any discounts over the opening holiday shopping weekend or not. Sales at one or two venues drive down prices elsewhere.

"We'll see" said the Zen master.

I think Microsoft is gearing up to release their full slate of deals. Should they offer bundles, in my mind that is as good as a discount.