What's new

Bluetooth and Keyboard Problems

john in brazil

Just got my new surface 3 upgrading from the orginal pro model. I love the new screen and thinness but have been having two nagging problems for a week. Even after long attempts with microsoft support.

1. Type cover is non-responsive at start up. Sometimes it's fine but others the cursor won't even appear. I have tried cleaning the connectors and uninstalling it from device manager, and yes I have the latest updates.

2. Bluetooth problems with the big jambox. It links but then the link cuts and reconnects and playback is slow to respond on videos and music. If I turn off the jambox the slowness is gone immediately.

If anyone is experiencing similar problems and knows a solution. I would greatly appreciate it. As I give classes 6 days a week with it and these problems make it tough.

Garza2004

I am also having problems with the type cover. I have rolled back my surface pro 3 to factory settings and still have an unreliable type cover. I have replaced the type cover, last option may be to replace the surface :-/
if you find a solution, please post.

double07

The type cover does have issue. you can detach and reattach it. that usually take care of the issue. it's not SF3. it's the same issue found on sf1 &2. I think it's OS thing.

Garza2004

I was on with MS support. It seems it was the devise. I took it back and exchanged it for a new SP3. So far, everything is working as it should.