What's new

Book 3 cpu thoughts

Wayne Orwig

Sorry to be the one to start a sort of worthless discussion. Generally I hate this type of thing, but here goes.

I have a Book 1. I got it new, so it has been a few years. I have been thinking lately about upgrading to a Book 2, to go from 256G to 512G of storage, and from a 13 to 15 inch display. My Book 1 works well, and will continue to do what I need for a few more years, but I am sort of itching for something new. The larger screen and additional storage would be nice. But, I am wondering, processor wise, what might (or might not) show up in the next version. I would like a CPU with lower wattage, and higher performance, of course. Since I don't have a clue what processors might be on the horizon, I am wondering what might end up in a Book 3 and might or might not be worth waiting for. Hardware port wise, I would REALLY like to see a Micro SDHC slot in the tablet, but I have my doubts on that.

Of course everything at this point is a wild guess, but knowing what CPU might get put in there may make a difference between waiting for a Book 3, or just get the Book 2. Is anyone up on the CPUs that may or may not be used in new designs?

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
My guess would be we will Gen 9 or 10 Intel Core, and either RTX 16 or 20 series dGPU's