Build quality question.

Discussion in 'Microsoft Surface Pro 2' started by gman713, Nov 29, 2013.

1. gman713

gman713 Member

Hey guys, I have a question about my SP2. I have been using it for the past month now and it's been very good. I noticed that when I wipe my screen with a cloth, there seems to be a clicking sound when I rub the top left portion of the screen. I thought at first it may the top bezel surrounding the glass, but it appears when ever I pull out the unit from it's sleeve, I can tell it's the very top portion of the glass. Is this normal and what options do I have with my unit since I am past the 14 days from buying it at Best Buy?

2. deldalton

deldalton New Member

I've heard the odd clicking noise when applying pressure around the edge of my screen (if I pick it up awkwardly from the corners or edge etc.).

Unless you think the clicking is excessive and you can see some major movement I really wouldn't worry.

3. gman713

gman713 Member

It's not excessive. I just get worried that the glass may be a little loose at the top. I just don't want it to start separating. If it does get excessive, would a Microsoft Store provide the same support that Apple does? I know one time I had to bring my MacBook Air for a repair, and they just swapped it out with another one, no questions asked.

4. oion

oion Well-Known Member

My Device:
    S2
    An MS store should. Also keep in mind that your warranty is at least one year (2 with the MS extension), so I personally wouldn't worry until closer to the end there.