What's new

Solved Built in microphones do not work

Good morning,
When I use Zoom (videoconference), I noticed the built in microphones do not work. I investigated and noticed they do not work with all other applications (Cortana, etc.). I did not find specifics settings. Should I reload the drivers?
Thanks

hughlle

Super Moderator
Staff member
Welcome to the forum whatamidoinghere.

First thing to do. If you right click on the volume icon on the task bar, and select recording devices, what is shown? If there are multiple microphones listed, which one is set to default? And finally, if you make a bit of noise, does the bar to the right of the listed microphone respond at all to the noise?

OP
W

whatamidoinghere

When I go to "set up a microphone" settings, it displays the 'set-up' window where the "Microphone Array (Realtek High Definition Audio)" is selected. When I make noise, the bar does not move and it returns after a while "computer is not hearing anything". I reloaded the drivers but that does not do anything good.

OP
W

whatamidoinghere

After yesterday's major release installation, which went fine, I noticed again that the built-in mic is disabled.
The above path reaching the mic settings to enable the mic does not longer work as menus have changed.
Any view?

Bandito

Try going into Settings under Cortana and you should be able to access the microphone setup in there.