What's new

Buy Surface Pro 3 now or wait for 4

megatronium

If you wait for the SP6, I'm sure the wifi problems will be fixed by then and according to rumors, it will run Windows 14.

raqball

I purchased another one yesterday and it's scheduled for deliver today!

Wait? No thanks.. If I wait for the SP4 then I might as well wait for the SP5. Since I am waiting for the SP5 I might was well wait for the SP6. Rinse, lather, rinse and repeat..

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
I purchase the latest keep it in good condition and then trade it in and buy the next, kind of like leasing my Surface Devices :)

I recieved ~$600 for my SP2 and ~$300 for my S2 and put that towards my SP3 :D

Tech14

Are you guys all happy with your SP3s? From what I've been reading all over the internet is a lot of people have been having problems, like yellow line on screen, heating up, shutting down, thermometer on main screen. One guy had to return his 4 times! That's why I thought I should sit back and see what they come up with for the SP4, Maybe they will have fixed those Problems! Maybe the SP3 was just a starting point to get it Right I don't know, All I do Know is I'm having a hard time waiting! I like everything about the Pro 3 except what I Mentioned. I think its an awesome concept!

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
Are you guys all happy with your SP3s? From what I've been reading all over the internet is a lot of people have been having problems, like yellow line on screen, heating up, shutting down, thermometer on main screen. One guy had to return his 4 times! That's why I thought I should sit back and see what they come up with for the SP4, Maybe they will have fixed those Problems! Maybe the SP3 was just a starting point to get it Right I don't know, All I do Know is I'm having a hard time waiting! I like everything about the Pro 3 except what I Mentioned. I think its an awesome concept!
You have to take whatever is all over the Internet with a grain of salt as it is just a small percentage of the whole.

The way the Internet carried on you would think Windows 8 was extremely slow, crashed all the time, and generally unusable. Who knew that most people that actually tried it liked it and you could get real work done with it. Would you ever expect that after nine months of writing article after article about how bad Win8 was a reviewer would have an epiphany and declare it was actually very good.​

Don't believe everything you read on the Internet.

dstrauss

GreyFox7 is correct - far more complainers (me included) than supporters. In fact, folks who AREN'T having problems are much less likely to rove the forums than the satisfied.

In a nutshell, the SPro3 is an EXCELLENT device - not perfect (and if they don't get rid of Marvell I'm going to scream bloody murder) - but THE BEST HYBRID device going. My bet is that even Apple is trying to figure out how to elevate the iPad Pro to a hybrid device without suffering the ignominy of admitting Microsoft is right.

And like Jeff (above) I too look at my purchases as "leases" on the next best device. It may be the SPro4, but I'm betting it will more likely the SPro5, because I think the SPro4 will be like the SPro2 to the SPro. For one, I would love to have an unthrottled i7 (that's a big dream) with at least 512GB SSD (sorry cloud world, but I want everything, everywhere, full speed, w/o the internet), and would take 1TB if available, and I just don't see that coming in Spring (with Windows 10).

i need sp3 to annotate my pdf books and is the first time that i can do this with a device.i am using bluehead revu extreme

i have tried to use surface pro 1 however it cannot help me due to diminished accuracy of the pen.I cannot calibrate all day the pen.i am a doctor and i need a paper replacement.

i have got a plethora of medical books and cannot carry all of them with me.maybe wacom is better for painting

maybe it is peculiar and eccentric for some however i want to write ON my books and not only stare at them as one can do with iPad

with sp3 the pen is accurate although i have never calibrate it

if microsoft instead of ntrig implements wacom for sp4 then i am going to buy one more sp3

I've also been reading all over the internet a lot of people have been having problems with sp3 nevertheless i do not have any of these problems(should i?)

i have bought sp3 and now i can wait for sp4,sp5 sp15 etc

without surface pro 3 i cannot wait for anything.i must stop reading
i have bought iPad air however cannot help me to study the way that i want

sp4 is going to be a better device and sp5 even better.ipad air 3 is also going to be a better device from iPad air 2 and playstation 5 is going to be a better device from ps4

if you do not need sp3 NOW you must wait for the sp4.

if sp4 was out your post would have been the same.

SP5 is the device that you need.are you sure that you need a tablet NOW?

SP14 is going to be the best(till sp15)

RémiM

I love my SP3, I am a huge supporter, I have almost NO problem and I am on the forum because I feel I am part of a community. Not because I have problems.

Eldergeek

No complaints here either. Love the forum for the treasure trove of knowledgeable ( bleeding edge) users who contribute hints, tips, and other information I find fascinating...and useful. Thanks to you all.

stanhertz

Figure out what your needs are and get the right device. If you're waiting for the SP4/5, or cost is an issue, you might want to check out an sp2, like I did, to get familiar with the surface experience. :)

It's a little bulkier, but I like the smaller screen size for tablet use, it's still smaller than my previous laptop, and the price for the 256/8 is right.

I'll probably use it until a sp4/5 is out.