What's new

Buying Microsoft Complete

gman713

I just got a SP4 for Christmas and wanted to purchase MS Complete for it but it looks like you can only get it at a store with your SP4 in hand. Is that accurate? Also, I have a $200 MS Gift Card and wondering if I can use it to pay for my protection plan at the store? Does anyone know? Thanks!

Zkyevolved

You will have to take it to the store to have it checked out. I returned mine and bought it again because they wouldn't let me buy it without taking it in. So I returned it.

If it's from the MS store online, then you can use it for sure online. I'm not sure about in stores.

OP
G

gman713

Okay, thanks! Its a good thing I'm somewhat close to a store. Hopefully they will let me get it added since this is less than 30 days old.

sharpuser

Administrator
Staff member
You have 45 days to purchase Microsoft Complete Protection after taking delivery of your device. Store associates will briefly inspect and validate the serial number.

Any protective skin will have to be removed. Screen protection may remain.

OP
G

gman713

Thanks! I ended up getting MS Complete. Since you mentioned skin covers, are those beneficial and safe to put on?

I just got my SP4 warranty. I did have to bring it into the store. They need to know if it was bought online or in store. They powered it on, checked which unit I had, verified the serial # on the unit, the a FULL RETURN and purchase and added the warranty. So technically, I could return it now, and get a SB. lol

DavidZ

Why do they need to know whether you bought it online or in a store? What difference does that make?

sharpuser

Administrator
Staff member
Why do they need to know whether you bought it online or in a store? What difference does that make?

Microsoft tracks serial numbers routed to shops separately from those sold online. When the customer provides this information, it becomes quicker and easier to verify the purchase and date. Date is vital for warranty products.

The process also verifies that the product has not been stolen (most of these numbers are known) or otherwise part of a fraud.