What's new

By the 20th?

MickeyLittle

I know this is a pointless thread so move on to the next thread and let us "line standers" camp out here and wonder if Microsoft is going to send these treasures to us early.

I am dreaming of a call from the Microsoft store to say they have arrived early and I can come and pick it up. Wishful thinking. I sent out my SP2 to Gazelle today and have been "getting ready" for the new SP3.

OP
MickeyLittle

MickeyLittle

I have the Galaxy Note Pro 12.2 and am going to put it on ebay as soon as my Surface Pro 3 gets here. I love this Samsung tablet as the 12.2 screen size is amazing, especially since it only weighs a little over 1.5 lbs.I want the Surface because of the Windows environment. And like you I'm hoping the since Microsoft is saying "Ships BY 6/20 that means that will be the latest they ship and that quite a few may start shipping 5-6 days before the 20th! One can hope right!!!

tuchas

I have the Galaxy Note Pro 12.2 and am going to put it on ebay as soon as my Surface Pro 3 gets here. I love this Samsung tablet as the 12.2 screen size is amazing, especially since it only weighs a little over 1.5 lbs.I want the Surface because of the Windows environment. And like you I'm hoping the since Microsoft is saying "Ships BY 6/20 that means that will be the latest they ship and that quite a few may start shipping 5-6 days before the 20th! One can hope right!!!

I just did the same thing. Had the Galaxy Note Pro 12.2, loved it but had to sell on eBay to get the SP3.

Cupcakes

I was wondering this myself. I ordered online and I was wondering if they will ship directly on the 20th or before so at least we can get it by the 20th at the latest.

OP
MickeyLittle

MickeyLittle

I was wondering this myself. I ordered online and I was wondering if they will ship directly on the 20th or before so at least we can get it by the 20th at the latest.

Getting it on the 20th would make a sweeter weekend unless I don't focus any attention on the misses! :LOL:

JesseDiaz

i ordered the i5 256 GB model...
Called Microsoft store 2 times and both time they could not tell me when it will be shipped but both told me that I will receive the surface by end of day on June 20th

Jvette

Everyone tells me it ships by June 20th for delivery on June 20th. Of course talking to people at the Microsoft store online is pretty tough and I really don't know if they know what they are talking about but we shall soon see.

jedge

I've talked to customer reps at both the MS Store and Best Buy. I have been told both by both stores: that it ships ON the 20th, and that it ships to ARRIVE on the 20th. So who knows.
One thing that i have consistently heard is that when the SP2 was released, people that pre-ordered it (again from both Best Buy and MS) got it delivered ON THE RELEASE DAY, so that's encouraging.

However, since it's not hard for most people to go into either a Microsoft Store or Best Buy and reserve one for launch day, it seems like the safest bet is to just pick it up and skip the shipping inconsistencies entirely.

OP
MickeyLittle

MickeyLittle

I've talked to customer reps at both the MS Store and Best Buy. I have been told both by both stores: that it ships ON the 20th, and that it ships to ARRIVE on the 20th. So who knows.
One thing that i have consistently heard is that when the SP2 was released, people that pre-ordered it (again from both Best Buy and MS) got it delivered ON THE RELEASE DAY, so that's encouraging.

However, since it's not hard for most people to go into either a Microsoft Store or Best Buy and reserve one for launch day, it seems like the safest bet is to just pick it up and skip the shipping inconsistencies entirely.

The guy I talked to said it is coming UPS Ground which is 3-5 days. But I think what will be the true sign for us is if we start seeing CC charges and tracking numbers by Tuesday or Wednesday at the latest. If there are no tracking numbers happening by Wednesday afternoon then us online preorder folks are looking at 4-7 days after the 20th.

Jvette

They could also send them with a hold until the 20th with UPS or FedEx. It's done all the time when new hardware comes out and they don't want the customer to have it until the release date.