What's new

By the 20th?

CrippsCorner

Do you guys in America have DPD as a delivery company? They're definitely the best here in the UK...

You get emailed a specific one hour slot which they will turn up in (they've never been late for me) you can also track them real time via a map to see exactly what address your delivery driver is currently at, amazing really! In fact, I just had a delivery at home, nothing as exciting as a Surface though! :(

OP
MickeyLittle

MickeyLittle

Do you guys in America have DPD as a delivery company? They're definitely the best here in the UK...

You get emailed a specific one hour slot which they will turn up in (they've never been late for me) you can also track them real time via a map to see exactly what address your delivery driver is currently at, amazing really! In fact, I just had a delivery at home, nothing as exciting as a Surface though! :(

Sounds amazing but not to my knowledge as my stuff usually comes UPS or FedEx.

sleith001

whoever told you arrive on 20th is irresponsible. Why? It is illogical. They don't control the shipping company. Now they can't arrive before 20th for obvious reason. So, in order to all preorder arrive on 20th, not before, not after, they have to get all shipped to your last shipping turn point, and very close to you, and hold it. And make sure arrive on exactly 20th. I don't think any shipping company have service like that. Last time I ordered Surface 2, arrived the second week.

It's quite plausible that they will arrive on the 20th. A lot of companies "on release date" make planned shipments with companies like Fedex and UPS to ensure a specific date shipment. You yourself can go to either site and send a package to guarantee a delivery on a specific date if you'd like as well.

That said, it all comes down to Microsoft. I've purchased items that had guaranteed delivery dates on pre-orders, and they arrived on time. Guess we'll see. I will most definitely be unimpressed with Microsoft if in store walkins get their device before I do.

Mario

Klownicle

whoever told you arrive on 20th is irresponsible. Why? It is illogical. They don't control the shipping company. Now they can't arrive before 20th for obvious reason. So, in order to all preorder arrive on 20th, not before, not after, they have to get all shipped to your last shipping turn point, and very close to you, and hold it. And make sure arrive on exactly 20th. I don't think any shipping company have service like that. Last time I ordered Surface 2, arrived the second week.

The surface pro 1 and surface pro 2, both arrived on their "release date". Why would you expect different with the surface pro 3? Many companies have release day shipping, look at amazon for example. They ship the products out early and as per usual some lucky souls get them a day early. Shipping companies do hold products till release dates as well.

JesseDiaz

Ahhh....rain on my parade!!! Although I do see your point of view then how does Apple do it? Ive been an owner of every iPhone and every iPad....I ALWAYS, without fail, receive my device on realease date ( assuming I order soon enough )

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
I received my Surface RT on launch by 9:30 AM PST, my Surface 2 and Pro 2 both were delivered on Launch Day. Shipping Companies do this all the time, its called guaranteed delivery dates...last couple of times it played out like this, left China, went to Alaska and from there to the different regional hubs for delivery....Air Cargo does wonders for delivery schedules....

Klownicle

I received my Surface RT on launch by 9:30 AM PST, my Surface 2 and Pro 2 both were delivered on Launch Day. Shipping Companies do this all the time, its called guaranteed delivery dates...last couple of times it played out like this, left China, went to Alaska and from there to the different regional hubs for delivery....Air Cargo does wonders for delivery schedules....

Nice to know early AM! Thanks!

bradhaak

When the Surface 2 was released, it did show up on the release day, but UPS was buried and didn't get it delivered until after 9 PM. I guess that's what I get for living in the land of computer geeks and early adopters.

So this time I ordered it from the store and will pick it up early Friday morning.

tuchas

If it's UPS, they don't deliver in my area any later than 10:30am. If delivery truly is Friday, I should see it in the morning.

jedge

It's been reported on other sites that these are already sitting in the stock rooms of Best Buys, but they can't release them early or Microsoft will fine them.
When i pre-ordered mine at the Best Buy store (not online) i was told it would be marked with my name on it and held at the service desk so i can pick it up whenever. Exactly like when i've pre-ordered certain collectors edition games for launch day.

Of course that was last week, so they might have run of available units to reserve (anyone have any idea how many each store is getting?!?) for the 20th. And of course, mistakes can happen.

OP
MickeyLittle

MickeyLittle

It's been reported on other sites that these are already sitting in the stock rooms of Best Buys, but they can't release them early or Microsoft will fine them.
When i pre-ordered mine at the Best Buy store (not online) i was told it would be marked with my name on it and held at the service desk so i can pick it up whenever. Exactly like when i've pre-ordered certain collectors edition games for launch day.

Of course that was last week, so they might have run of available units to reserve (anyone have any idea how many each store is getting?!?) for the 20th. And of course, mistakes can happen.

This is correct Jedge however I was snooping in back of your local Best Buy and I used some white-out to cover over "Jedge" and I replaced it with Mickey so I'm afraid Friday could be a disappointment.:in love: