What's new

Can I change my Admin email account??

Captpt

I had to create a new email address today and would like to replace my Original Administrator email account.. Both are Gmail accounts, I did add it and made it my primary alias but afraid to remove the original email email address since it is still the sign in for my account even though my new one is listed as the Primary :(
Problem is I need to close the original Gmail account down completely but also afraid to do that until its no longer the Administrator email.. ugh

Kris

I have done it a few times, but never truly deleted the original account just don't use it anymore. I have also created a local account and deleted the original. Just make sure you are not signed into the account you are deleting and make sure that you give the new account admin privileges.

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
Is your surface registered under your new account? Check Devices in your Account Settings.... also check via the Store... IDK why they would make it separate... probably should char with Support to make sure all 'i's are dotted and 't's crossed.

because if it's not registered to you, you lose.

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
Note also your bitlocker recovery key is in your account... IDK what happens to/with it under this scenario.

OP
C

Captpt

When I go to Accounts my new email is under my name as Administrator, At Manage My Account under devices both my SP3 tablet and Dell computer is listed with my new email.. only thing is when I'm in "My Account" on the left where it says "Hello! Here's where you manage your account Looking for your Microsoft email" and I click on "View inbox" it sends me to my old email inbox??
The Store also seems to have my new email as the address.
Just trying to avoid issues such as GreyFox 7 stated before closing down my old email address down completely...

OP
C

Captpt

Also, I just noticed that when even though in Settings/Accounts my new email address is listed under my name as Administrator when I go to the /Sign In-Options on the left and go to Change Password the only email address that is listed to change password for is my old one even though at the lock screen my new email is shown and my old password from my old original email address still works??
Again I'm worried the old email/Original email account Administrator is still in effect and if I delete it from my account it will screw me up or I'll lose some or all my apps, store access, Office 2013 access ect..