What's new

can I have both connected standby AND my power saver plan?

macmee

If I keep connected standby on then the ONLY power plan I see is Balanced. I don't see the built in power saving plan nor do I see my custom one.

If I turn CS off then I see all my plans but then I have to hibernate...

.... and wifi doesn't work when I come out of sleep, which literally has been a bug I've had since the surface pro 2 but whatever....

OP
macmee

macmee

Eat cake. :D
I swear though that in the past I've been able to see other power plans with connected standby, and just haven't been able to edit them.

So I literally have to pick then between connected standby and power saver? :/

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
I swear though that in the past I've been able to see other power plans with connected standby, and just haven't been able to edit them.

So I literally have to pick then between connected standby and power saver? :/
I vaguely recall enabling plans in the registry or making copies of them with CS off then you could use them after turning back on. IDK it could all change at any time without warning under the Windows as a Service plan.

OP
macmee

macmee

I vaguely recall enabling plans in the registry or making copies of them with CS off then you could use them after turning back on. IDK it could all change at any time without warning under the Windows as a Service plan.

Power consumption on the balanced plan is always like 9,000mW to 14,000mW which is pretty high.

Dang it. So there's no way at all I can use other power plans without losing instantgo.