What's new

Can it run Hearthstone?

adgjr4

I'm seriously considering buying a Surface 3 for school, and I'm wondering if it can run Hearthstone fairly decent. I'm just curious, it's not a deal breaker if it can't.

Has anyone here tried playing it on their device?

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
According to SystemRequiremnetsLab.com there is insufficient dedicated video ram 32mb vs 256mb minimum and the CPU is questionable but they probably just don't have details on the Atom X7-Z8700 yet.
The minimum CPU is listed as Intel Pentium D for which the lowest model has a Passmark score of 593 while the Atom X7-Z8700 scores 1725.

So I'm not sure what the effect of below minimum dedicated Video ram would be on an otherwise qualifying system. It might be passible IDK.

Screenshot 3a.png Screenshot 4a.png

hughlle

Super Moderator
Staff member
Against my better judgement I am installing it now to test for you. This will be on the 4gb ram model. I'll get back to you when it's done, I on't enjoy the fastest internet connection in the world alas.

hughlle

Super Moderator
Staff member
If this is the one you are referring to: http://us.battle.net/hearthstone/en/

Then I can confirm that it works just fine. It's just a card game. the videos when you are loading the game up are a bit sluggish, but once I was into the game it worked just fine. Unless there is some kind of magic 3D battle section to the game that I did not encounter in the 5 minutes playing it.

OP
A

adgjr4

Thanks to both of you! I really appreciate that you took the time to download and test it, hughlle.

hughlle

Super Moderator
Staff member
Given that it's also an android/ios game I figured it couldn't be that much of a demanding game. Mine was set to medium graphics by default, and I changed nothing.