I have had my SB2 now for over a year. 95% of the time, it's a notebook. But for the other 5%, I use it as a note taker. So I use my pen quite a bit. The pen is so unreliable. Sometimes it works. Sometimes it won't. This morning, it worked. Then I detached the screen and started to write some notes. You can see it started to fail. Lines would disappear, like it's running out of 'ink'. Soon, nothing would write. I've tried: 1. Uninstalling/reinstalling the Surface Pen 2. Uninstall video drivers in Device Manager and restart 3. Replacing batteries on Pen 4. I have two pens (the stock Pen with the elongated button and an older style pen with two buttons). Neither of them works. 5. Restarted the PC numerous times along with repairing the pen Nothing works. This notebook replaced my Samsung Galaxy Note Pro (purchased in 2014). I used the pen with that for nearly 4 years and NEVER had a single problem. Perhaps it's the pen technology. It had no batteries. But it was also 100% reliable, where this Surface Pen is not. Any suggestion? Last thing i want to do is go into a Microsoft store. But if I need to, i will.