What's new

can this be done

Geneo

I was looking at it backwards cause I didn't understand what he was trying to do.
Are you trying to download Xbox games to your portable HD, then use it and a 360 controller and hub to play Xbox games on your Surface on the go?
Too much dedication for me.....

OP
A

Aaleo75

I was looking to buy and download a game online not really an Xbox one just a general game but use the Xbox one remote controller.

kundas1

What game? You have to be more specific, but most games DO work with the Xbox ctrl but have to be chosen in the game menu... for me the games that work with ctrl are asphalt 8, Halo, and Nintendo emulator... and that's just on my Surface 2!

Seneleron

All I know is that there is a driver that lets you use the Xbox one controller with a PC. I am almost POSITIVE it still has to be USB connected to the PC to function. You may have to manually configure it in control panel.

http://www.pcworld.com/article/2361021/use-your-xbox-one-controller-for-your-pc-games.html

They do have these much improved pieces of equipment, however, that far surpass any analog controller out there. They're so good, most console manufacturers will not allow Console players to mix with PC players.

it's called a M.O.U.S.E. ....

Last edited:

Geneo

You have two choices:
1- In order for a game to work properly a 360 controller 'as is', it has to have controller support built-in. Very few games have that control option- they're strictly keyboard/mouse.
2- You need a wired 360 controller, OR a One controller and a USB to micro USB cable and the One controller driver. Then (for either) you need a program to convert controller movements to keystrokes/mouse movements. The only one I know of is Xpadder.

EDIT: Opps, Xpadder doesn't work with win 8/8.1 (yet)
According to MS, you can use a 360 controller, but you have to "Run" the file "joy.cpl" first. Not sure if that works with the One controller or not (after you download the One driver)- haven't tested it yet. There may be other keystoke/controller converters out there, I'd google them, but be sure they work with win 8/8.1. The reason you may need one is if the game doesn't have controller support built in, you may get unexpected/unintended reactions from your controller.

Last edited:

kundas1

or do what I did and buy a Logitech 720 ctlr that works wirelessly via USB micro adapter...works fantastic